News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '11-'12

Started by katmai, March 08, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OttoVonBismarck

So having not posted here a lot in past years does Berkut still advocate the position that the Pac-10 is the strongest league and the SEC is perennially overrated?

Considering LSU literally ass raped Oregon to death already this year and Auburn had no problem shutting down Oregon's offense last year I think it's really becoming obvious the physicality of the line play in the SEC, along with their dominating defense that the Pac-10 only looks decent because they do play 9 conference games every year and mostly beat each other up, but that they aren't genuinely as good as the SEC. Auburn's defense was an average SEC defense and it made Oregon's vaunted offense look like the gimmick it is.

MadImmortalMan

Otto's account has been hacked by Mark May.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on September 11, 2011, 02:18:23 PM
Otto's account has been hacked by Mark May.

Not enough Ohio State hatred.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

lolz. I'd forgotten that one. I was trying to forget the giant numbers on the shoulder unis.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Hey MBM and FM there is a guy named 'P' on Shaggybevo who has some interesting things to say breaking down the offense: http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/96678-BYU-was-a-good-test-for-our-offense-%28pics-included%29

He does that pretty regularly.  I am not sure he breaks it down well but it sure is an interesting read.

Man Gilbert was terrible.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on September 10, 2011, 11:38:31 PM
I cannot see Arizona winning any of the next 4 games.

Yeah well I will check out the Stanford game if I can and see for myself.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 11, 2011, 02:44:14 PM
Not enough Ohio State hatred.

There can never be enough of that.  :P

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on September 12, 2011, 08:57:11 AM
Hey MBM and FM there is a guy named 'P' on Shaggybevo who has some interesting things to say breaking down the offense: http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/96678-BYU-was-a-good-test-for-our-offense-%28pics-included%29

He does that pretty regularly.  I am not sure he breaks it down well but it sure is an interesting read.

Man Gilbert was terrible.

Whoa I didn't remember him hitting a DB in the face. 

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 12, 2011, 10:02:09 AM
Whoa I didn't remember him hitting a DB in the face. 

Probably because you were just as surprised as the DB the ball was thrown that poorly.  I just remember seeing Ship wide open and starting to cheer and then the ball sailed off randomly.

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on September 12, 2011, 10:01:06 AM
Quote from: derspiess on September 12, 2011, 09:51:10 AM
Valmy, do you know this guy?  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFPd6h88lbw

I cannot view youtube at work.  Who is he?

A guy who really likes his hometown high school football team: the Knox City Greyhounds.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on September 12, 2011, 10:08:16 AM
A guy who really likes his hometown high school football team: the Knox City Greyhounds.

Heh sounds awesome.  But no I have never heard of him.

I will check it out...Bill in Sinton-esque rantings?