News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '11-'12

Started by katmai, March 08, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

PDH

Wyoming completely trounced Div 1AA (whatever the fuck that level is called) Weber State 35-32!

I see at least 3, maybe 4 wins this year, perhaps some over Div 1 opponents (Not sure if New Mexico or UNLV count as Div 1).  True freshman quarterback looked very good, the defense apparantly has a new philosophy of the "Paul Westhead" system...

I really hope it was young team jitters and a lesser team coming to Laramie and playing above their heads, or this is gonna be a long year - I mean, Grumbler in the RichRod era kinda long...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

dps

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 03, 2011, 11:49:17 PM
Quote from: Valmy on September 03, 2011, 11:39:28 PM
SEC speed got wacked by BYU and BOise State though.

You're reaching. Those teams both had much better records than their opponents last year.

I don't buy into the SEC speed hype all that much, but one of those teams that got whacked was Georgia.  You watch their offense, you get the feeling that Mark Richt wishes he was coaching a Big Ten team during the "3 yards and a clould of dust" era, except that he'd really prefer 2 yards and a cloud of dust.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 04, 2011, 01:09:49 PM
Georgia is dead to me.

They've always been dead to me.  Except for the Herschel Walker years.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

MadBurgerMaker

I'm not liking Maryland's uniform/helmet combo I don't think.  Then again, they might have gone so far beyond terrible that they circled back around to cool. 

E:  The Terps offense is rolling though.  *hits submit, false start on the O*

Ed Anger

Holy fuck, my eyes were raped.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

grumbler

As I read the furor about Oklahoma wanting in the Pac-Whatevah, I am wondering if Texas might be tempted to go to the Big-Whatevah instead.  Eyeballing the distances, it doesn't seem they would be traveling that much further (other than when they go to some other P-W school in Texas) and the maximum distances are certainly less.

Plus, they'd fit better in the B-W, and the B-W has a better business model.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 05, 2011, 07:00:33 PM
I'm not liking Maryland's uniform/helmet combo I don't think.  Then again, they might have gone so far beyond terrible that they circled back around to cool. 

Yeah, at first I was like, oh man...then it was, hmmmm...that's pretty nifty.

Of course, I'd have been fine with an all-Calvert Catholic cross motif, since that side looks cool as if the Templars had a Maltese campus in the ACC, and skip the Lord Baltimore theme.

Touchdown Terpies.

CountDeMoney

Christ Danny, you could've mailed that one in.

MadBurgerMaker

Wow.  The Terps need to stop fucking around in the red zone.  Miami with the lead all of the sudden.

MadBurgerMaker

sbr

Quote from: grumbler on September 05, 2011, 07:07:56 PM
As I read the furor about Oklahoma wanting in the Pac-Whatevah, I am wondering if Texas might be tempted to go to the Big-Whatevah instead.  Eyeballing the distances, it doesn't seem they would be traveling that much further (other than when they go to some other P-W school in Texas) and the maximum distances are certainly less.

I figured Texas for an independent with that TV contract, no sure how that would work out with the BCS though.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: grumbler on September 05, 2011, 07:07:56 PM

Doesn't the PAC-12 schools have such a great TV contract that they'd make more money there.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point