News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '11-'12

Started by katmai, March 08, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 08, 2011, 04:31:12 PM
Ohio State vacated its victories last year.

:console: It is an admirable attempt to keep the NCAA at bay.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on July 08, 2011, 04:34:45 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 08, 2011, 04:31:12 PM
Ohio State vacated its victories last year.

:console: It is an admirable attempt to keep the NCAA at bay.

And Gee and Gene Smith to keep their jobs.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

grumbler

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 08, 2011, 04:39:22 PM
And Gee and Gene Smith to keep their jobs.
For the moment.   Smith will be forced out before long, I think.  Gee not so much - he's removed from the action.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

MadBurgerMaker

UT-Arlington is going to the WAC (or at least they've been invited).   They need two more football schools to make it 9/12.  If they take one more Texas or Louisiana school and one from somewhere up north or on the west coast, they'd have really easily defined divisions.  They can call one the Southland Division.  :P

Where is Lamar?  Houston area?  I wonder if they'd go after them just for the location.  SHSU is also over there (Huntsville). 

Edit: You know...even with all the poaching 1AA schools the WAC is doing, I wonder if they're fucked anyway.  I'm...90% sure I've read somewhere that UTSA's ultimate goal is C-USA, and they really would fit in there.  Texas State isn't fucking around with the transition either, with their new stadium improvements and all that, so I wouldn't be surprised if they had similar goals.  If both of those bolted, what would the WAC do?  There don't seem to be all that many out there that are really ready to do it (I don't think SHSU and SFA could, and UTA seems like it's a pretty big reach too). 

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on July 09, 2011, 11:31:16 PM
Yep. Beaumont.

They'd fit right in then.  The WAC would have schools in San Antonio, San Marcos/as close to Austin as they can get, DFW, and Houston/as close to Houston as they can get.  Hell, Lamar might even be better than UTA.  No one goes to UTA games, or at least they didn't last I heard.   Of course, once the UTSA football novelty wears off and they start playing like a brand new football team (losing badly), attendance is going to suck for them as well.  4300 at the spring game. 

Ed Anger

Vrabel retired and returns to Ohio State as a LB coach. Hopefully, without the Pats taint.

best comment from the Yahoo article:

QuoteFrom: Some stupid cunt

How can anybody like this rough, violent sport? How can any man be capable of TACKLING somebody? How aggressive! My husband and sons would NEVER do that!! They've never been to a football game and neither have I. Plus, it's always associated with alcohol, with the beer commercials! So many guys think they have to drink beer and watch "the big game" to be a man. It drives me nuts. We shouldn't use alcohol, it's a DRUG! Just because it's legal doesn't make it right. But these guys think they HAVE to drink beer to fit in and be social, etc. They're afraid they'll be made fun of if they don't drink booze. It's sad. My husband never drinks alcohol. Neither do I.

sbr

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 10, 2011, 07:40:12 PM
Vrabel retired and returns to Ohio State as a LB coach. Hopefully, without the Pats taint.

The new coaching staff needs pointers on how to cheat.

Oh wait, no they don't.

Ed Anger

Quote from: sbr on July 10, 2011, 07:41:24 PM

Oh wait, no they don't.

Pot, meet kettle.

sbr

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 10, 2011, 07:42:28 PM

Oh wait, no they don't.

Pot, meet kettle.

I have no idea to what you are referring.

Ed Anger

Quote from: sbr on July 10, 2011, 07:48:58 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 10, 2011, 07:42:28 PM

Oh wait, no they don't.

Pot, meet kettle.

I have no idea to what you are referring.

:lol:  :P

PDH

So Wyoming won more games than Ohio State last year? Sweet.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: PDH on July 10, 2011, 08:17:18 PM

Wyoming should go to the WAC in 2012 and dominate the fuck out of everyone.  It'll be great.

CountDeMoney

For someone so smart, you are so naive sometimes.

PDH

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on July 10, 2011, 09:49:43 PM
Quote from: PDH on July 10, 2011, 08:17:18 PM

Wyoming should go to the WAC in 2012 and dominate the fuck out of everyone.  It'll be great.
Oh the real WAC, back in the olden days...sigh...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM