Main Menu

NCAA Football '11-'12

Started by katmai, March 08, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on June 16, 2011, 01:00:48 PM
Or some variation of that.

That is sort of how I imagine that show going:

Kids...Texas kids...kids...good kids...we got good Texas kids and when you have kids, good Texas ones, you win.  Because winners are good Texas kids.

Oh and kids.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 15, 2011, 05:11:38 PM
We have a caller! Bill in Sinton, please turn your TV down.

"You are so great coach and I love Texas so much I wave the flag and hook'em horns every chance I get.  My son is named Bevo and my truck is burnt orange and I have a giant tattoo that says 'I love Mack' right on my..."

"Ah thank you Bill for your support of the program.  We have good kids here.  Texas kids and they play hard."
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Berkut

Oh hey, Cliff Harris was suspended indefinitely:

http://www.cbssports.com/#!/collegefootball/story/15234764/ducks-cb-harris-suspended-indefinitely-to-sit-opener-vs-lsu

Nothing to see here, everything is fine with Oregon football, all programs have these little problems, Oregon is no different, and better than most, really fer sure!

He will be back on the field before conference play though.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

grumbler

Quote from: Berkut on June 16, 2011, 01:27:55 PM
Nothing to see here, everything is fine with Oregon football, all programs have these little problems, Oregon is no different, and better than most, really fer sure!

He will be back on the field before conference play though.
And neither Willie Tuitama nor Delashaun Dean ever played for the Wildcats. 
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Berkut

What is wrong with Willie???

0 rows returned

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on June 16, 2011, 03:05:32 PM
What is wrong with Willie???

He got a DUI...but I thought that only happened after he stopped playing for Arizona.

Berkut

Oh, right. A DUI. After he was no longer a player for Arizona.

Yeah, I think that is probably relevant somehow.

Actually, I am not sure how it would be relevant even if he was still an Arizona player when it happened - I certainly have never claimed that Arizona was some pristine model of a college football program. I imagine they get their typical share of dumbasses.

Oregon goes out and recruits them though. Which is why they get so much MORE than their typical share. Which I guess is probably a good thing for the rest of us. Thug U dilutes the pool by encouraging the worst to mostly go to one place.

0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy
That wild and crazy Mack Brown! He's over the top no holds barred! We should start calling him Stone Cold Mack! Oh, the craziness!

:lol:  Mack, NO HOLDS BARRED: "The kids played hard, which is all I ask." 

Or some variation of that.

No shit.  What's next, Lou Holtz...After Dark: Uncensored

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on June 16, 2011, 03:08:36 PM
He got a DUI...but I thought that only happened after he stopped playing for Arizona.
:lol:  That's just like saying "Cliff Harris hasn't played for Oregon since his speeding  incident."

Tuitama left the team after the incident, so of course the incident occurred "after he stopped playing."  He stopped playing for Arizona because of the incident.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Berkut

Quote from: grumbler on June 17, 2011, 07:22:44 AM
Quote from: Valmy on June 16, 2011, 03:08:36 PM
:lol:  That's just like saying "Cliff Harris hasn't played for Oregon since his speeding  incident."

Tuitama left the team after the incident, so of course the incident occurred "after he stopped playing."  He stopped playing for Arizona because of the incident.

Huh?

Tuitama stopped playing for Arizona because he didn't have any remaining eligibility. His last game was as a senior at the 2008 Holiday Bowl, where he was the MVP.

Maybe you are thinking of someone else? I am sure there are players at Arizona who have been kicked off the team for doing something stupid, but Tuitama is not one of them.

0 rows returned

Grey Fox

Any of guys know Bo Bowling? Should I expect anything good out of him?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 17, 2011, 09:06:11 AM
Any of guys know Bo Bowling? Should I expect anything good out of him?

Um I know he was a pretty good reciever for Oklahoma State and generally if you play offense for them you have to be pretty good.

And um...yeah that's all I got.  I think he got in trouble off the field but my memory is sorta hazy.

Grey Fox

I'm okay with off the field trouble. He's trying to make the CFL roster. He should have no trouble.

Since Ben Cahoon retired we need a new white awesome receiver.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 17, 2011, 09:09:47 AM

I have to say there are alot more of them then there used to be.  White people must be getting faster.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on June 17, 2011, 09:17:15 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on June 17, 2011, 09:09:47 AM

I have to say there are alot more of them then there used to be.  White people must be getting faster.

Ohio State has been cranking them out for the last 8 years. Gonzo, Hartline, Sanzenbacker and if he pans out (and all signs point to yes), Stoneburner.

Not the fastest guys out there, but damn can they catch.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive