News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

It is difficult being a Leafs fan.

Read somewhere one saying yesterday that, when he dies, his wish is that members of the team act as his pallbearers and lower him into the grave ... as he wants to be let down by the Leafs one last time!  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

If the Caps carried my casket they would get close enough to lowering me down to where one would think there is no way to mess it up them inexplicably flip the casket in the air while they all wet themselves.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on May 14, 2013, 04:01:43 PM
If the Caps carried my casket they would get close enough to lowering me down to where one would think there is no way to mess it up them inexplicably flip the casket in the air while they all wet themselves.

Ovechkin would stand near a blue line and not help.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

QuoteQuébecor Média ‏@QuebecorMedia 1h
The rumour that Quebecor is currently in negotiations with the #NHL to buy a franchise is completely false.

Why do they feel the need to refute a mere rumour?  :shifty:

https://twitter.com/@QuebecorMedia
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Here's the rumour itself I think:

QuoteNHL and Quebecor negotiate the price of Coyotes
Posted by 98.5 fm Sports Wednesday, May 22, 2013 at 08h14. Edited by Danielle Arsenault at 12:25.

The Canadian Press
(98.5 Sports) - The National Hockey League and the Quebecor Group have entered into negotiations with a view to determining the sale price of the team of the Phoenix Coyotes.

"A team is in place to clear the ground, lawyers, accountants to audit the affairs of the Coyotes," said columnist Réjean Tremblay on 98.5 fm with Paul Arcand on Wednesday.
This team is mandated to investigate the financial records of the franchise in Arizona and set the value of the assets of concesssion.

According Réjean Tremblay, the transaction is far from being finalized, but everything indicates that pave the way for the eventual relocation of the franchise to Phoenix Quebec.

"There is no commitment to sell, it is unclear. Negotiations are under way. It is necessary that the two clans already have confidence, it is a step that is done, these are negotiations that are serious. "

Quebecor, communications director Martin Tremblay refused to comment on the report, but the organization has issued a denial on his twitter account.

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A//www.985sports.ca/hockey/nouvelles/la-lnh-et-quebecor-negocieraient-le-prix-des-coyot-240871.html

Valmy

So which sort of depressed sports fan are you?

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/62564/the-20-types-of-depressed-sports-fans

When the going gets tough I get online and bitch about it, always makes me feel better.  I guess I am probably the going for a walk guy.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Grey Fox

I'm this : The Fan Who Manages to Maintain Perspective

Yes, this fan is disappointed in the outcome of the game. But he also understands that a game played by a collection of strangers is not going to have any impact on the truly important things in his life, like his health, his friendships and his family. Put simply, he understands that there are higher priorities in the world than who wins or loses a sporting event.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 22, 2013, 12:43:09 PM

Yes, this fan is disappointed in the outcome of the game. But he also understands that a game played by a collection of strangers is not going to have any impact on the truly important things in his life, like his health, his friendships and his family. Put simply, he understands that there are higher priorities in the world than who wins or loses a sporting event.

What fun is that?  If I wanted to keep perspective I wouln't be a sportsfan.

Barrister

I'm the Single F-Bomb fan.

Or at least I was when the Jets were eliminated a month ago.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on May 22, 2013, 12:44:05 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on May 22, 2013, 12:43:09 PM

What fun is that?  If I wanted to keep perspective I wouln't be a sportsfan.

There's always next year!

viper37

Alain Vignault is apparently fired.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

PRC

Quote from: viper37 on May 22, 2013, 02:44:40 PM

That one was seen coming from a long way off.  They need a change and he's the obvious first choice.  Regular season record of 313-170-57 in his time there.

Barrister

Quote from: PRC on May 22, 2013, 03:26:46 PM

That one was seen coming from a long way off.  They need a change and he's the obvious first choice.  Regular season record of 313-170-57 in his time there.

I'm always skeptical of the "a change needs to happen" when you're dealing with an otherwise successful coach.

PRC

Quote from: Barrister on May 22, 2013, 03:40:27 PM
Quote from: PRC on May 22, 2013, 03:26:46 PM

I'm always skeptical of the "a change needs to happen" when you're dealing with an otherwise successful coach.

In general I agree, but a coaching change is easier for a GM to make than a big trade.  The Canucks have a few guys they can shop but they won't get much return for.  Luongo will be gone, but they ain't get much more than a bag of pucks for him.