News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Only the first game. They fucked up when they lost to Montreal. They have only themselves to blame.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Neil

Les Glorieux wouldn't be denied.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on April 25, 2013, 01:18:32 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on April 25, 2013, 12:45:58 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 24, 2013, 07:39:31 PM
CC's argument seems to be he can't watch whatever soccer/basketball game he wants, which is laughable.  I have to pay a bunch of money to be able to watch my Jets games, so it's not like you can easily watch every hockey game on basic tv either.

Strawman for the win!

Jetboy, as a hockey fan you can watch a very large number of hockey games on basic cable.  I get no basketball games other than during March madness.  See the difference?

That's just incorrect.  Even the most basic cable package gives you TSN, which shows Raptors games.

You'll also get ABC.  A quick check on the NBA website shows that ABC shows 30 regular season games during the season.

And NBA playoffs also get some coverage.

It would help if you would actually read what I write.  I said I cant get games NBA games other than on weekends.  Those ABC games are on weekends.  Even now during the playoffs I cant get many of the playoff games other than on the specialty channels.

If you were not such a hockey fanatic you would know these basic facts.  But of course that goes to the basic point that you guys are such fanatics that the game will never change to appeal to a wider market.

Having said that the Canucks will hopefully lose the next three and then the current wave of hockey will be over in this city.  Although I must say it is refreshing to see that there isnt a lot of excitement here this time around.  Perhaps we are growing up after all.

Grey Fox

I prefered when you were a swimming nuts. Basketball, thugs & gang members. Role Models!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josephus

Quote from: Neil on May 01, 2013, 08:47:40 PM
The Maple Laffs sure lived up to their name.

That was just one game.

We got three more to play. :D
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Neil

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 02, 2013, 09:17:54 AM
I said I cant get games NBA games other than on weekends.  Those ABC games are on weekends.  Even now during the playoffs I cant get many of the playoff games other than on the specialty channels.
That's certainly the case now, as all the regular sports channels are carrying the NHL playoffs, which have a much broader appeal than basketball.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

HVC

Anderson should really two handed slash someone in the back of he knee. A broken knees will teach them to stop cheap shoting the goalie.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

HVC

Also haha. And fuck. It could be he leafs humiliating Montreal at home

Neil

I don't think this is really that bad a loss.  They came out super hot, and then faded after give minutes.  Still, they outshot Ottawa by a fair margin, although part of that is because of the penalty on the killshot on poor Eller, which was a huge loss.  Anderson was hot, Price is his usual so-so self, and Montreal was very sloppy with their passes and lazy in the defensive zone.

You're going to lose close games in the playoffs.  We'll see how they respond.

HVC

Eller was as much a victim of a bad pass as anything else.

fhdz

If every frigging Blackhawks playoff game goes to an OT nailbiter, I am going to have cardiac arrest.
and the horse you rode in on

Neil

Quote from: HVC on May 02, 2013, 08:58:41 PM
Eller was as much a victim of a bad pass as anything else.
I kind of agree, but you cant put a shoulder into a guy's head anymore.  But so many of Montreal's passes were ill-advised tonight that it's amazing the whole team didn't end up in the hospital.

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 02, 2013, 09:17:54 AM
Quote from: Barrister on April 25, 2013, 01:18:32 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on April 25, 2013, 12:45:58 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 24, 2013, 07:39:31 PM
CC's argument seems to be he can't watch whatever soccer/basketball game he wants, which is laughable.  I have to pay a bunch of money to be able to watch my Jets games, so it's not like you can easily watch every hockey game on basic tv either.

Strawman for the win!

Jetboy, as a hockey fan you can watch a very large number of hockey games on basic cable.  I get no basketball games other than during March madness.  See the difference?

That's just incorrect.  Even the most basic cable package gives you TSN, which shows Raptors games.

You'll also get ABC.  A quick check on the NBA website shows that ABC shows 30 regular season games during the season.

And NBA playoffs also get some coverage.

It would help if you would actually read what I write.  I said I cant get games NBA games other than on weekends.  Those ABC games are on weekends.  Even now during the playoffs I cant get many of the playoff games other than on the specialty channels.

If you were not such a hockey fanatic you would know these basic facts.  But of course that goes to the basic point that you guys are such fanatics that the game will never change to appeal to a wider market.

There's no difference between that and being a Canucks fan in Quebec.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.