News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Are BC's cable company really that crappy?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 25, 2013, 12:45:58 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 24, 2013, 07:39:31 PM
CC's argument seems to be he can't watch whatever soccer/basketball game he wants, which is laughable.  I have to pay a bunch of money to be able to watch my Jets games, so it's not like you can easily watch every hockey game on basic tv either.

Strawman for the win!

Jetboy, as a hockey fan you can watch a very large number of hockey games on basic cable.  I get no basketball games other than during March madness.  See the difference?

That's just incorrect.  Even the most basic cable package gives you TSN, which shows Raptors games.

You'll also get ABC.  A quick check on the NBA website shows that ABC shows 30 regular season games during the season.

And NBA playoffs also get some coverage.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Neil

Quote from: HVC on April 25, 2013, 12:56:02 PM
Are BC's cable company really that crappy?
No, he's just lying.  Or ignorant.  Either one is possible.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

Sorry BB :console:

CC tv voes are because he is a Telus Optik subscriber. Look at these packages :bleeding: 
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

katmai

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 25, 2013, 09:26:36 PM

CC tv voes are because he is a Telus Optik subscriber. Look at these packages :bleeding:

Don't you fucking apologize to him, he's been insufferable.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

HVC

first the was marti with too many w's and now there's you with too few.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Neil

Well Beeb, there's always next year.  Although isn't realignment going to move the Jets into a division that isn't a total joke?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Is he really?  What kind of fool is a Telus customer?  Ewww.

Josephus

Quote from: HVC on April 25, 2013, 09:32:11 PM
first the was marti with too many w's and now there's you with too few.
[/quote]

:D
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

guy can afford a decent package if I can. Not feeling sorry for him. [although I may have to drop my specialty soccer channel soon.. :(]
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

viper37

I was hoping to see BB's Jets during the playoff, too bad.  Better luck next year BB :)

On the bright side, Quebec city gets a bit of publicity in the WSJ :)
The Only Thing Missing Is a Team
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on April 25, 2013, 10:20:12 AM
I meant on regular cable, not on some NBA specialized channel?

Yeah regular cable.  But you have to remember NBA TV is mainly about getting the big stars like Kobe and Durant and Lebron out there.  So regional coverage is far less of a thing for the NBA than it is with most leagues.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: viper37 on April 26, 2013, 07:36:48 AM
I was hoping to see BB's Jets during the playoff, too bad.  Better luck next year BB :)

On the bright side, Quebec city gets a bit of publicity in the WSJ :)
The Only Thing Missing Is a Team

Man that was a real kick in the nuts.

Jets were playing well, up 2-1 after two periods.  I go to check the out of town games - Rangers and Sens both win.  Jets officially eliminated.

I turned off the game to go play with Timmy in the backyard.  Apparently the players did the same thing because the final was 4-2.

Ah well.  Now I've got at least a month of no sports until the CFL training camps get under way...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Neil

Well, at least Montreal was able to get going and win a game.  So their sacrifice was not in vain.

HVC

Stupid leafs. Also, Montreal goalie has Flanders on his mask lol