And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 14, 2011, 02:09:51 PM
Quote from: HVC on June 14, 2011, 01:49:39 PM
But that basically happens every playoffs. this one is no better or worse then the past. Now your  arguement is that that makes the playoffs and the league look bad. I don't necessarily agree, but it can get annoying at times, yes.
This is the first time I have really paid any attention to the Final since 94 so I will take your word on the state of the game.  I can tell you from my perspective as a casual viewer it most certainly makes the league look bad.
On the other hand, so does all the diving.  Either way, the league looks bad, so what can they do?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Drakken

Really, it makes the League look bad?

It was way worse in the day of the Broad Street Bullies, when the Philadelphia, Boston, and Montreal would win their Stanley Cup by out-punting each other's ass.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Drakken on June 14, 2011, 02:11:36 PM
Really, it makes the League look bad?

It was way worse in the day of the Braodstreet Bullies, when the Philadelphia, Boston, and Montreal would win their Stanley Cup by out-punting each other's ass.

So basically you are telling me this has always been a bush league.

Drakken

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 14, 2011, 02:12:21 PM

No, I am telling you that at least now they play hockey, when then they were doing MMA in hockey outfits.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Drakken on June 14, 2011, 02:12:55 PM

No, I am telling you that at least now they play hockey, when then they were doing MMA in hockey outfits.

So less bush than before but from I have scene over this series there is a lot more illegal play than hockey.  I suppose the refs were told not to call so many penalties after all the penaties called in game 1.  But not enforcing the rules really ruins it for me.  And they definitely need to put in a strict rule about diving.

Right now the product is less than stellar.  With enforcement of the right rules it has the potential to be a good game to watch.

Neil

I don't think you understand what 'bush league' means.  These guys are most assuredly pros, and always have been, just as much as the players in diving sports like soccer or basketball.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on June 14, 2011, 02:03:27 PM
Do you really think I'm going to complain about faithfully following the rules regardless of the circumstances?
In game #7, the Winnipeg Jets facing the Montreal Canadians, game tied 2-2, 1:55 left in the 3rd?
I think you'll find a way to criticize the referees, as your usual objectivity would long be gone by that time ;) :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Quote from: viper37 on June 14, 2011, 02:34:00 PM
Quote from: Barrister on June 14, 2011, 02:03:27 PM
Do you really think I'm going to complain about faithfully following the rules regardless of the circumstances?
In game #7, the Winnipeg Jets facing the Montreal Canadians, game tied 2-2, 1:55 left in the 3rd?
I think you'll find a way to criticize the referees, as your usual objectivity would long be gone by that time ;) :P

You know me - I ALWAYS support those who maintain the law. :goodboy:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Zoupa

Quote from: Neil on June 14, 2011, 11:39:52 AM
That said, it was super funny watching Marchand leisurely punching a Sedin in the face while he made no effort to defend himself.  I think those boys might be retarded or something.

Yup  :lol:

You're allowed to have some testosterone, Swedes.

BuddhaRhubarb

well either way it turns out tonight the real winners will be the internet trolls who don't actually care about hockey but enjoy kicking people when they are down. :p
:p

Valmy

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on June 15, 2011, 12:10:01 PM
well either way it turns out tonight the real winners will be the internet trolls who don't actually care about hockey but enjoy kicking people when they are down. :p

Trolls always win!

If only I could create a GIF of Jaron hoisting the Stanley Cup.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

crazy canuck

I was a little late getting out of downtown.  Left a little after 2.  The place is nuts!

Barrister

Winnipeg Jets are going to interview Craig MacTavish for the head coaching job.   :yuk:

Also being considered are Claude Noel (current Moose coach), Mike Havilland (Chicago ass't), Craig Ramsey (Thashers coach), and Kirk Muller (Montreal Ass't).

Please not MacT...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.