Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

Quote from: katmai on May 29, 2011, 08:28:56 PM
I'll feel bad, for like a second.

But of it doesn't happen will teach Beeb to be more cautious.

This whole thing reminds me of how Baseball Giants almost became the Tampa Giants bit were saved at last moment back in '92.

I'd maybe feel bad a bit too. But Beeb's been a dorkwad lately with the Jets shit.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

HVC

Quote from: viper37 on May 29, 2011, 08:19:36 PM
Seems like Atlanta found a new prospective owner to keep the Thrashers in place.  The annoucement will be delayed...
:lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Barrister

Seems like Atlanta found a new prospective owner to keep the Thrashers in place.  The annoucement will be delayed...

Link?

Yeah, I thought so.

You all keep doubting me when I tell you THIS WILL HAPPEN.  Probably on Tuesday.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

sbr

Quote from: Barrister on May 29, 2011, 11:22:09 PM

Link?

Yeah, I thought so.

You all keep doubting me when I tell you THIS WILL HAPPEN.  Probably on Tuesday.

Which Tuesday?  Any particular month?

Barrister

Quote from: sbr on May 29, 2011, 11:26:11 PM

Link?

Yeah, I thought so.

Which Tuesday?  Any particular month?

Tuesday, May 31, 2011.  The day before the Stanley Cup Finals.  Bettman gives his annual "State of the League" news conference, and rather than be bombarded by embarrassing questions about Atlanta, he'll try to claim victory in "righting a wrong" by bringing the NHL back to Winnipeg.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

viper37

Link?

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-thrashers-blog/2011/05/28/another-suitor-for-the-thrashers/
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

viper37

So, by this time tomorrow, either BB will cry of joy or he will cry of pain :)

I hope the Jets come back, really. :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valdemar

Quote from: viper37 on May 30, 2011, 12:09:43 PM

I couldn't care less either way, but I DO want the BB obsession to stop either way :D

V

Barrister

Quote from: viper37 on May 30, 2011, 12:09:43 PM

hmm, I wonder which one it will be:

QuoteNHL announcement imminent for Winnipeg
CBC News Posted: May 30, 2011 11:18 AM CT Last Updated: May 30, 2011 2:22 PM CT Read 67 comments67 Back to accessibility links
Members of the Winnipeg Jets including captain Lars-Erik Sjoberg (centre right) and Joe Daley (centre left) pose for a team photo with the WHA's Avco Cup after the Jets beat the Edmonton Oilers 7-3 in 1979. (Canadian Press) Supporting Story ContentStory Sharing ToolsShare with Add This Print this story E-mail this story
Related
Related Links
Return of the NHL
If NHL returns, party at The Forks: mayor
End of Supporting Story ContentBack to accessibility links Beginning of Story ContentHockey fans anxious for word that the NHL is returning to Winnipeg could soon get good news.

CBC News has been told by True North Sports and Entertainment to have technical people ready to set up possibly late Monday for something early Tuesday.

True North has been in negotiations with Atlanta Spirit, the owners of the NHL's Atlanta Thrashers, to move the franchise to Winnipeg. But until now neither organization has hinted a deal was close.

The latest from #gojetsgo
Marwan_vs_Shark RT @NHLWinnipeg: True North has told the media to get ready for a big announcement tomorrow!! Is that a good enough source? #gojetsgo 13 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite
JReischek RT @nhlwinnipeg: True North has told the media to get ready for a big announcement tomorrow!! Is that a good enough source? #gojetsgo 10 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite
michaeljdyck RT @NHLWinnipeg: True North has told the media to get ready for a big announcement tomorrow!! Is that a good enough source? #gojetsgo 48 seconds ago · reply · retweet · favorite
Aisling_HkyMom RT @RSudsy: Ohhh, the Tuesday after THAT long weekend! #gojetsgo #MemorialDay 35 seconds ago · reply · retweet · favorite
MacsTheWord RT @elishadacey: Uh, #Winnipeg, no press conference has been announced or confirmed, especially no confirmed time or location yet. Calm down. #nhl #gojetsgo 20 seconds ago · reply · retweet · favorite