News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Jacob on May 25, 2011, 05:34:04 PM
Quote from: Neil on May 25, 2011, 05:11:49 PMTorres and Bieksa are both goons, and I hope both of them die.

The team(s) you like don't have any goons?

The Edmonton Oilers have had plenty of goons. :lmfao:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Ah hell.

Stupid Bruins.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 25, 2011, 07:45:28 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on May 25, 2011, 11:22:36 AM
After this thread, if there is such a thing as the Jets, they will be the team we will love to hate.

By all accounts I've heard and read, Winnepeg ain't much.  But it is a hockey town.  They deserve a hockey team.

Now, if the NHL is truly concerned about justice in this world, THEY WILL BRING BACK THE WHALE.

:yes:

Whalers and Nords.  WHA solidarity forevah!

And I'd mock CC for hating the Jets, but he's a canucks fan.  He has no hockey soul, so of course he'd hate a team of goodness and light like the reborn Jets.

Jacob

I like the Nordiques quite a lot. As for the Jets, I'd be okay with them but BB is making it hard to be positive about them.

Still, in spite of all that, the Jets in Winnipeg is a good thing.

Barrister

Quote from: Jacob on May 26, 2011, 12:02:29 AM
I like the Nordiques quite a lot. As for the Jets, I'd be okay with them but BB is making it hard to be positive about them.

Yes, I can see why having a rabid, deliriously happy fan would make cheering for a team hard... :hmm:

katmai

Quote from: Barrister on May 26, 2011, 12:21:25 AM
Quote from: Jacob on May 26, 2011, 12:02:29 AM

Yes, I can see why having a rabid, deliriously happy fan would make cheering for a team hard... :hmm:
Exhibit a: Timmay Ortiz and his patriotardism
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on May 25, 2011, 09:52:20 PM
Ah hell.

Stupid Bruins.

Yay.

The Bruins, nor the Leafs, cannot be allowed to have any post season success, god fucking damn it.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: katmai on May 26, 2011, 01:45:43 AM
Exhibit a: Timmay Ortiz and his patriotardism

Um it is his bandwagon tendencies that make him a tard not his Boston sports fandom.  I mean unless you are a Ravens fan.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 26, 2011, 06:00:48 AM
the Leafs, cannot be allowed to have any post season success, god fucking damn it.

The Leafs management agrees with you.

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on May 26, 2011, 07:46:14 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on May 26, 2011, 06:00:48 AM
the Leafs, cannot be allowed to have any post season success, god fucking damn it.

The Leafs management agrees with you.
:weep:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on May 25, 2011, 10:39:00 PM
And I'd mock CC for hating the Jets, but he's a canucks fan.  His team is going to win the Cup , so of course he'd hate a team that I go on and on and on about rather than talking about the playoffs.  I know I should shut up about my Timmyesque fanboisim but I just can't help myself.

fyp

Jacob

Quote from: Barrister on May 26, 2011, 12:21:25 AMYes, I can see why having a rabid, deliriously happy fan would make cheering for a team hard... :hmm:

"Rabid" is not generally a desirable quality.

Valmy

Quote from: Jacob on May 26, 2011, 10:03:31 AM
Quote from: Barrister on May 26, 2011, 12:21:25 AMYes, I can see why having a rabid, deliriously happy fan would make cheering for a team hard... :hmm:

Well maybe not for you mediocrity obsessed Canadians.  If somebody is going to go through the trouble to be sports fan I say do it right.

HVC

The canucks will forever be tainted to me becasue of Bertuzzi. I know every time has a dirty player (though to different degrees) but it was the fans justifications that soured me to the team.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on May 26, 2011, 10:28:47 AM
Quote from: Jacob on May 26, 2011, 10:03:31 AM

Well maybe not for you mediocrity obsessed Canadians.  If somebody is going to go through the trouble to be sports fan I say do it right.

It is okay to be a fan , but not Bill in Sinton.

Or this guy:

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive