Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on May 24, 2011, 02:13:30 PM
Quote from: viper37 on May 24, 2011, 02:08:21 PM
Quote from: Barrister on May 24, 2011, 09:15:14 AM
[By the way, this is what makes me doubt all this "second team in Toronto" talk.  A second team in Toronto would be a clear second banana to the Leafs.  Would Torontonians really buy tickets to some no-name team?]
Detroit and Buffalo are very close to Toronto.  Any team based in Hamilton or Toronto would likely draw money from these markets too.  If I was the owner of Buffalo or Detroit, I wouldn't see from a keen eye a prospective 2nd Canadian team in the area.

Well Buffalo certainly...
4hrs to Detroit.  Farther than I tought.  But Buffalo would be pissed with someone else an hour away, that's sure.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Sophie Scholl

Columbus is closer than Detroit.  I for one would be unhappy. :mad:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Barrister

Your TSN Jets Meter May 24:

There's only three notches left baby. :yeah:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

viper37

"we expect an announcement in a couple of days"...  Why do I have a feeling of déjà vu?  :P

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Quote from: viper37 on May 24, 2011, 04:28:13 PM
"we expect an announcement in a couple of days"...  Why do I have a feeling of déjà vu?  :P

We've been told "it's a couple of weeks away" since January.  "a couple of days" is miles better. :cool:

Neil

Quote from: viper37 on May 24, 2011, 02:17:35 PM
But Buffalo would be pissed with someone else an hour away, that's sure.
Do the Sabres have a large number of Canadian fans?  The national border is certainly a factor.  Are there more Sabres or Leafs fans in St. Catherines?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

crazy canuck

So no annoucement?

Back on topic.

The Canucks are going to win the series tonight.  Neil will have to face the prospect of a Vancouver team hoisting Lord Stanley's Cup in Stanley Park in front of thousands of cheering Vancouverites who would not be caught dead in Edmonton.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Neil on May 24, 2011, 04:44:17 PM
Do the Sabres have a large number of Canadian fans?  The national border is certainly a factor.  Are there more Sabres or Leafs fans in St. Catherines?

Not fans per se but patrons that can get tickets in Buffalo for cheap compate to TO.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Quote from: Neil on May 24, 2011, 04:44:17 PM
I wouldn't know.  Canadians are a bit touchy with the American subject in public.

Still, I suspect many Leafs fans have a Sabers jersey underneath their Leafs colors.  They'll just pretend to be Americans hoping no one in Buffalo will know them.

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 24, 2011, 06:31:01 PM
The Canucks are going to win the series tonight.  Neil will have to face the prospect of a Vancouver team hoisting Lord Stanley's Cup in Stanley Park in front of thousands of cheering Vancouverites who would not be caught dead in Edmonton.
I'm supposed to wake up at 5:00 tomorrow, but I think I'll watch the game anyway, just to see San Jose win :)

Neil

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 24, 2011, 06:31:01 PM
I can live with it.  It's not like no-talent goons haven't won the cup before.

Besides, it'll be a matter of seconds before the whole team gets shived and the Cup is fenced to buy heroin.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Do you remember how the TSN Jets Meter was just a pale imitation of the jetsowner.com Jets-O-Meter which had been running since 2003?

Well tonight, the Jets-O-Meter hit 100%.

:cool:

katmai

Where is your Tuesday announcement?

Hmmm Beeb?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on May 24, 2011, 11:41:11 PM
Where is your Tuesday announcement?

Hmmm Beeb?

The NHL was embarrassed by the leak, and has delayed the announcement. :mellow:

I would have thought it was obvious.

At this point do you really think it is anything but a matter of time?  Do you really think Atlanta can save their team? :lmfao:

Barrister

'Nucks win.

Thank God.  One less distraction from the real story. :cool: