Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: viper37 on May 12, 2011, 07:12:49 PM
So... back to serious matters.

Return of the NHL to Winnipeg is serious business.   :mad:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Holy fuck:

http://watch.tsn.ca/#clip466119

Darren Dreger: Atlanta WILL move to Winnipeg for next season.

No equivocation or wriggle words.  All from a paid mouthpiece of the NHL.

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on May 12, 2011, 08:06:21 PM
Is it?  It's sort of stalled right now.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

katmai

Quote from: Barrister on May 12, 2011, 08:15:31 PM
Holy fuck:

http://watch.tsn.ca/#clip466119

Darren Dreger: Atlanta WILL move to Winnipeg for next season.

No equivocation or wriggle words.  All from a paid mouthpiece of the NHL.
:lol:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on May 12, 2011, 08:17:42 PM

Not at all.

It was only with the vote in Glendale on Tuesday that Winnipeg and Atlanta were allowed to talk.

katmai

Sharks win, bring on the Canucks!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on May 12, 2011, 10:44:55 PM

Grats - I know they've been your team for a long time.

Jacob

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Barrister on May 12, 2011, 01:09:33 PM
Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on May 12, 2011, 12:52:40 PM
Quote from: Barrister on May 12, 2011, 09:50:40 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on May 12, 2011, 09:47:27 AM
The Blacks are going to have a fun time.

I wonder if there's hot sauce in the 'Peg.

Nope.  No hot sauce at all.  :rolleyes:

Honestly Winnipeg is a wonderful food city.  I'm quite disappointed so far in Edmonton as all I can find are chain restaurants.

Ya I rediscovered that about Winnipeg when I was there last year. Every restaurant I went to, I thought man I wish this place was in Vancouver. Great food there!

:hug:

I keep hoping that I just need to "discover" the great local places here.  I mean, Winnipeg has its share of chain restaurants too - but you were probably taken to all the good places by locals.

actually Only one or two "taken to" restaurants. I'm a big boy, can find things by myself (i did live there, as well.) and yeah lots of chains (speaking of chains... I did go to the Sals on Pembina  for Cheese nip, for old times sake. it was :meh: just like I remembered, funny part was I sat across from a group of theatre students from U of M and had a big flashback to be in a way too similar group of hungover kids back in the day)

I have some friends from Edmonton who say there indeed are some decent restaurants there, but heck if I can recall what they're called. Edmonton also has a lot of great festivals over the summer, it does have some cool things going for it.
:p

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: katmai on May 12, 2011, 10:44:55 PM

Interesting eh, which team with a history of choking will choke? I say neither, hard fought series... 6 or 7 games of really exciting hockey. Or at least that's what I'm hoping for.

Barrister

TSN Jets Meter for May 13:

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on May 12, 2011, 10:30:33 PM

Not at all.

It was only with the vote in Glendale on Tuesday that Winnipeg and Atlanta were allowed to talk.
No, it's still stalled because nothing final is going to happen during the playoffs.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on May 13, 2011, 08:40:13 AM
Quote from: Barrister on May 12, 2011, 10:30:33 PM

Not at all.

No, it's still stalled because nothing final is going to happen during the playoffs.

It's unlikely they wait until the playoffs are over.  Lots of people need to know one way or another.

Grey Fox

Quote from: viper37 on May 12, 2011, 02:04:28 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on May 12, 2011, 01:50:20 PM
We usually laught at me over my western experience but this is one the thing I hate the most about Edmonton. Food there sucks. Plus I couldn't find any foie gras to save my life.
Here's a tip: food sucks everywhere outside of Quebec ;)

If you're in the US, bacon&eggs means bacon, eggs and ton of grease.  Everything else is extra.
In Ontario, a good meal is all about fries&pizza, or the local Subway.
East of Edmunston, it's lobster and french fries or fish & french fries, don't even think about eating a steak.  The most popular dish seems to be fish&chips.  You got to drive up to Louisbourg to eat a decent meal ;)
Thunderbay is a desert wasteland, the only good thing to eat is what you can hunt or fish yourself.
In Winnipeg, it's so damn cold that even Russians need to walk in underground tunnels to protect themselves.  I figure all food must be deep frozen.
Alberta and Saskatchewan are like the Americas.
In Vancouver, it seems every restaurant is an Asian restaurant.

Stay away from there!  :P

:lol: I did run away.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: viper37 on May 12, 2011, 02:04:28 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on May 12, 2011, 01:50:20 PM
We usually laught at me over my western experience but this is one the thing I hate the most about Edmonton. Food there sucks. Plus I couldn't find any foie gras to save my life.
Here's a tip: food sucks everywhere outside of Quebec ;)

If you're in the US, bacon&eggs means bacon, eggs and ton of grease.  Everything else is extra.
In Ontario, a good meal is all about fries&pizza, or the local Subway.
East of Edmunston, it's lobster and french fries or fish & french fries, don't even think about eating a steak.  The most popular dish seems to be fish&chips.  You got to drive up to Louisbourg to eat a decent meal ;)
Thunderbay is a desert wasteland, the only good thing to eat is what you can hunt or fish yourself.
In Winnipeg, it's so damn cold that even Russians need to walk in underground tunnels to protect themselves.  I figure all food must be deep frozen.
Alberta and Saskatchewan are like the Americas.
In Vancouver, it seems every restaurant is an Asian restaurant.

Stay away from there!  :P

re: East of Edmundston wtf? (as someone born & raised in the Saint John River Valley)

what's wrong with reasonably priced Lobster? but the steak is as good as the restaurant you go to
Lots of great food in New Brunswick, and it's not all seafood. (not everyone lives on the coast) Growing up we ate a lot of great beef (i have no idea where it was from, though there are a suspicious amount of cattle farms near where I lived.) and most people I knew grew their own fresh veggies. Fish & Chips is a French NB er thing. You only see it occasionally in Anglo NB.

Winnipeg has better food than anywhere I've lived outside of Japan.

Why would anyone go to Thunder Bay though?

Vancouver? yes lots of Asian restaurants (lots of Asians) but also a very decent amount of Italian, Indian, various Euro/African restaurants also. More variety than any where east of Hogtown that's for certain (except maybe The Island of Montreal)