News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on May 02, 2017, 01:38:50 PM
Gosh I was not aware nobody ever got injured in Hockey. Clearly the Caps should now have to forfeit the series in shame. Maybe you Canadians should burn DC down a second time.
It ain't an accident, it was a deliberate gesture.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

I saw it. It did not look deliberate to me.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

PRC

Quote from: Barrister on May 02, 2017, 02:23:16 PM
Quote from: PRC on May 02, 2017, 02:19:35 PM
Easy to call it malicious when scrutinizing a slow motion replay.  If you view it in real time it was a hockey play that unfortunately went bad.

Again - in what way is a cross-check a "hockey play"?

In that it happens dozens of times in a game and appears to be a discretionary call for the refs, even though by the rule book it is not, and is only usually called when a guy falls down.

Grey Fox

Quote from: viper37 on May 02, 2017, 04:30:12 PM
Quote from: Valmy on May 02, 2017, 01:38:50 PM
Gosh I was not aware nobody ever got injured in Hockey. Clearly the Caps should now have to forfeit the series in shame. Maybe you Canadians should burn DC down a second time.
It ain't an accident, it was a deliberate gesture.

To protect one knees, yes. To hit Crosby in the head? Nope.

@BB it is, it has been for 50+ years. When done right by a defenseman it gets a clear view for his goalie to make a stop.

Ovie deserve the ejection & penalty. Niskanen was just protecting himself from a player losing his footing.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

PRC

Slashing is another play that is against the rules but occurs against the puck carrier on every single shift of every single game.

Valmy

Anyway I fully expect the Pens to still find a way to win this series. Tomorrow will be ferocious.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

CountDeMoney

I can't lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies. #Ash

Valmy

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Well that was their finest minute all season.

It's a whole new game boys!

HVC

Bad call. Sorry valmy.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Barrister

Well fuck - goal in the final minutes drives the Oilers-Duck game into overtime. <_<
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Quote from: Barrister on May 03, 2017, 11:54:41 PM
Well fuck - goal in the final minutes drives the Oilers-Duck game into overtime. <_<

Ducks score within the first minute of OT. :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: HVC on May 03, 2017, 09:14:22 PM
Bad call. Sorry valmy.

I feel conflicted. On one hand the Caps are going down like punks to the hated Pens. On the other at least they are losing in a totally conventional way that normal teams lose series.

There is still this concern they will Cap this thing up. The Caps will win the next two games and then Sid comes back for game 7 and scores the winning goal in overtime in DC. The Pens then go on to win the Cup.

HVC I've led a Cap fan's life, and I have never seen anything as brutally clear as this. As if I can see the Pens, in one horrifying moment, skating around with the Cup. As if it were already done...already a memory. An odd...set...stony quality to it. As if the future has already happened and there's nothin' you can do about it. The way I feel before every Capitals playoff run, knowin' it'll fail, but you cannot stop it. You must even tune in and watch it fail.

HVC

Still, it's a crappy way to lose game 4. I'm indifferent to the Caps, but they're recent history of choke-itude makes me feel bad for them. That and I actually like Ovie. he has heart and is funny.