News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

Tonight was a good night.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on May 01, 2017, 11:09:45 PM

How do you feel about last night with the news that Crosby is out with a concussion?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

viper37

They injured one of the league's best player, certainly the most inspiring player of their opponent, they lead 2-0 for most of the game, manage to get 2 goals scored in the last 5 minutes and only to win by the skin of their teeth in overtime?

yeah, good night.  And good luck against the Senators.   :menace:
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on May 02, 2017, 01:35:37 PM
They injured one of the league's best player, certainly the most inspiring player of their opponent, they lead 2-0 for most of the game, manage to get 2 goals scored in the last 5 minutes and only to win by the skin of their teeth in overtime?

Gosh I was not aware nobody ever got injured in Hockey. Clearly the Caps should now have to forfeit the series in shame. Maybe you Canadians should burn DC down a second time.

Any victory against the Pens in the playoffs is a good night.

Edit: Oh and if they make it to play the Sens it would be their best season in 19 years. I will happily take their beat down.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on May 02, 2017, 01:23:33 PM

How do you feel about last night with the news that Crosby is out with a concussion?

Bummer for him. I hope he is ok.

Still glad the Caps won.

Grey Fox

Crosby is fragile, incidental stick to the face from a badly timed crosscheck.

This is hockey, shit happens.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on May 02, 2017, 01:38:50 PM
Quote from: viper37 on May 02, 2017, 01:35:37 PM

Gosh I was not aware nobody ever got injured in Hockey. Clearly the Caps should now have to forfeit the series in shame. Maybe you Canadians should burn DC down a second time.

Any victory against the Pens in the playoffs is a good night.

Edit: Oh and if they make it to play the Sens it would be their best season in 19 years. I will happily take their beat down.

What an oddly passive way of putting it.

Niskanen deliberately cross-checked Crosby (who has a history of concussion problems) in the head.  He was immediately ejected from the game for doing so.  This wasn't some "oh well injuries will happen" kind of moment.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 02, 2017, 01:44:19 PM

A "badly timed" crosscheck?  Since cross-checking is, you know, a penalty, when is there a good time to throw a cross-check? :hmm:

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on May 02, 2017, 01:50:29 PM
Niskanen deliberately cross-checked Crosby (who has a history of concussion problems) in the head.  He was immediately ejected from the game for doing so.  This wasn't some "oh well injuries will happen" kind of moment.

The Pens also crosschecked the Caps during the game and series. It was bad luck. At least that is what it looked like to me.

PRC

Easy to call it malicious when scrutinizing a slow motion replay.  If you view it in real time it was a hockey play that unfortunately went bad. 

Barrister

Quote from: PRC on May 02, 2017, 02:19:35 PM
Easy to call it malicious when scrutinizing a slow motion replay.  If you view it in real time it was a hockey play that unfortunately went bad.

Again - in what way is a cross-check a "hockey play"?

HVC

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 02, 2017, 01:44:19 PM

Didn't even seem like a cross check, more like a body stop that would have gotten Crosby in the elbow if he wasn't tripped up. Ovie two handing him on the back of the head seems worse.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on May 02, 2017, 02:23:16 PM
Quote from: PRC on May 02, 2017, 02:19:35 PM

Again - in what way is a cross-check a "hockey play"?

Well sure it is a penalty. There is a reason he was ejected.

At the time it did not look nefarious or that he intentionally went for the head.