News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Quote from: HVC on April 19, 2023, 03:08:22 PMLeafs leafed it.

Or the Lightning lightninged it. Either way works.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on April 19, 2023, 03:47:25 PM

Or the Lightning lightninged it. Either way works.

The lightning can't lightning just any team, but the leafs can leaf it with anyone.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

HVC

Barrister

Quote from: viper37 on April 20, 2023, 05:58:09 PMSilly move by the Golden Knights:
https://www.thehockeybeast.com/nhl/vegas-golden-knights-reportedly-sabotaged-jets-locker-room-gets-slammed-for-bush-league-move/

I saw from a reputable Jets-based reporter that it was only one bike.

The story from 2018 where Vegas wouldn't turn the arena lights on for a game-day warm up is completely true however.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Damn it hockey is weird.

The Jets looked completely dominant in Game 1, and again in period 1 of game 2.

But for periods 2 and 3 it was all Vegas.

No idea what happened.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

Quote from: Barrister on April 21, 2023, 09:55:26 AMDamn it hockey is weird.

The Jets looked completely dominant in Game 1, and again in period 1 of game 2.

But for periods 2 and 3 it was all Vegas.

No idea what happened.

Happens all the time. Leafs got hammered in Game 1, hammered right back in game 2

Civis Romanus Sum

HVC

Quote from: Josephus on April 22, 2023, 08:48:07 AM
Quote from: HVC on April 21, 2023, 09:12:34 AM
Quote from: Josephus on April 21, 2023, 05:56:11 AM

Yonge Street parade this June? :P

Two man parade? Sounds like a plan! :D

See you then.

This is where the false hope starts, followed by crushing defeat. Let's go leafs!

jimmy olsen

Bruins are going to win
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

viper37

Leafs still lead 3-2 in their series against the Lightning.  So can still lose this one in 7 games.  In case you are inclined to be pessimistic.  :shutup:
:P

I haven't watched any games this season.  I've barely heard any sports comments either.  I usually listen to a radio show on the morning and listen through the hockey and football segment but skip over the golf part, and usually the other sports too.

I wish the best of luck to the Leafs.  After so many years of getting thrown out of the playoffs early on, they deserve it. :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

HVC

There's only so many times you can come back from behind