And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on May 31, 2021, 09:22:17 PM
This should be a good'er.  :w00t:

Zoupa/GF/viper - it's on!  Wednesday night at the corner of Portage Ave and Donald St!   :cool:
I'll be on your side of the corner :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Quote from: viper37 on June 01, 2021, 07:48:11 PM
Quote from: Barrister on May 31, 2021, 09:22:17 PM
This should be a good'er.  :w00t:

Zoupa/GF/viper - it's on!  Wednesday night at the corner of Portage Ave and Donald St!   :cool:
I'll be on your side of the corner :P

:hug:

Go Jets Go!
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

Maybe one day Viper will get over the Nordiques.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Viper it has been 26 years. The Nordiques were not even in existence 26 years
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on June 01, 2021, 11:12:37 PM

Don't listen to him Viper.  The Nords had 23 years of proud history.  Never give up the faith!

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on June 01, 2021, 11:57:11 PM

Don't listen to him Viper.  The Nords had 23 years of proud history.  Never give up the faith!

The Nords gave their fans a middle finger after 23 years of loyalty and ran off for Colorado Gold. They don't deserve Viper's faith. Fuck them.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on June 02, 2021, 12:01:03 AM
Quote from: Barrister on June 01, 2021, 11:57:11 PM

The Nords gave their fans a middle finger after 23 years of loyalty and ran off for Colorado Gold. They don't deserve Viper's faith. Fuck them.

These are seriously fighting words John.

A sports franchise doesn't belong to the corporate organization that owns the team.  It belongs to the fans.  Quebec City will get a team again.  It probably won't be the same franchise (the Avs), but it will belong to the fans, and will be the Nordiques.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on June 02, 2021, 12:29:17 AM

A sports franchise doesn't belong to the corporate organization that owns the team.  It belongs to the fans.  Quebec City will get a team again.  It probably won't be the same franchise (the Avs), but it will belong to the fans, and will be the Nordiques.

Damn. Using my real name. I might have crossed a line there.

I will never ever not hate the Avs. I want them to lose every game. They left Quebec with a team that everybody knew was about to do great things. No fanbase ever got a bigger kick in the balls than them. Viper should hate them. They are the evil ones, they deserve his scorn. They certainly have mine.

But will the NHL put another team in Quebec City? No. Fuck no. They have almost gone out of their way to fuck over Quebec City every time they expand. The Videotron Centre has sat empty for years. They will have to steal one of those shitty southern franchises the NHL loves so much and even then they will need big money backers like Winnipeg had.

The NHL takes all you Canadians for granted while desperately wanting to get people in Florida and Georgia and Texas to love Hockey. It is so contemptible, they will put a franchise in Houston before they put one in Quebec City.

I mean does anybody in Atlanta even remember or care they once had a Hockey franchise? Oh hell no.

I hate the Pens, like I have a healthy hatred for franchises that torment the one I am a fan of. But if they went away I would miss them because hating them is part of the fun. If Florida or the fucking Lightning went away nobody would miss them. Because even though they have been there for decades, longer than the Nordiques existed I might add, they are weird outsiders in football land. And the Lightning are fucking champions.

But I guess hating the Habs is what brings Viper just a little joy. I don't know. If the NHL stole the Caps from me I have a hard time imagining me still hate watching the Pens.

Josephus

FWIW, I may have to support the Jets in this one too.
The thought of the Habs going far after such a dismal season is hard to contemplate.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

HVC

i do enjoy valmy's passion for hockey (or against the NHL, i guess haha). How did you become a fan? you're a texan born and raised, right?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on June 02, 2021, 01:41:59 AM
Quote from: Barrister on June 02, 2021, 12:29:17 AM

Damn. Using my real name. I might have crossed a line there.

I will never ever not hate the Avs. I want them to lose every game. They left Quebec with a team that everybody knew was about to do great things. No fanbase ever got a bigger kick in the balls than them. Viper should hate them. They are the evil ones, they deserve his scorn. They certainly have mine.

But will the NHL put another team in Quebec City? No. Fuck no. They have almost gone out of their way to fuck over Quebec City every time they expand. The Videotron Centre has sat empty for years. They will have to steal one of those shitty southern franchises the NHL loves so much and even then they will need big money backers like Winnipeg had.

The NHL takes all you Canadians for granted while desperately wanting to get people in Florida and Georgia and Texas to love Hockey. It is so contemptible, they will put a franchise in Houston before they put one in Quebec City.

I mean does anybody in Atlanta even remember or care they once had a Hockey franchise? Oh hell no.

I hate the Pens, like I have a healthy hatred for franchises that torment the one I am a fan of. But if they went away I would miss them because hating them is part of the fun. If Florida or the fucking Lightning went away nobody would miss them. Because even though they have been there for decades, longer than the Nordiques existed I might add, they are weird outsiders in football land. And the Lightning are fucking champions.

But I guess hating the Habs is what brings Viper just a little joy. I don't know. If the NHL stole the Caps from me I have a hard time imagining me still hate watching the Pens.

Quebec Remparts :mad:

Grey Fox

They do have a really nice building for a Junior team.

How's the pull of the Oil Kings in Rogers Place?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 02, 2021, 10:38:07 AM
They do have a really nice building for a Junior team.

How's the pull of the Oil Kings in Rogers Place?

They average 6-8k per game.  So lower bowl about half full, upper bowl closed off.

Valmy

Quote from: HVC on June 02, 2021, 09:17:10 AM
i do enjoy valmy's passion for hockey (or against the NHL, i guess haha). How did you become a fan? you're a texan born and raised, right?

ESPN. They did a great job covering the NHL in the late 80s, early 90s. I eagerly learned about all the teams and all the players and all the history and learned to love the NHL...just in time for the NHL to start really changing things in an attempt to become more like the NBA. The NBA?  :x

Also my cousin was a big Caps fan so would take me to their games and give me Caps stuff when I used to go to DC all the time.

I miss the Norris Division.

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on June 02, 2021, 11:45:35 AM
I miss the Norris Division.

:unsure:

The Caps weren't in the Norris though.