News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Total War: Shogun 2

Started by JonasSalk, March 06, 2011, 03:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonasSalk

According to the demo, they gain slowly over time. Probably gain faster depending on buildings and if you're in friendly territory or in your castles or towns.
Yuman

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: JonasSalk on April 02, 2011, 10:43:46 PM
According to the demo, they gain slowly over time. Probably gain faster depending on buildings and if you're in friendly territory or in your castles or towns.

Yeah there are things like supply depots in NTW that increase the reinforcement rate.  I rather like it this way (except when my mentally retarded troops kill each other for no reason). 

Drakken

They regain over time while you keep your army in your domain, and they stop when you cross the frontier. IIRC, they regain faster if in the castle.

Currently trying the All-in-one mod the latest DarthMod, with the Takeda. I almost lost a 3-to-2 battle in my favour at Normal because my units in my Center routed. Thank God for reserves.

Norgy

Attrition is a nice addition in vanilla Total War.
Camping a superstack in winter is no longer Higly Recommended And Valid Strategy.

Alcibiades

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on April 02, 2011, 09:55:50 PM
Goddammit.  wtf.  I remembered that I had purchased NTW a little while back when it was on sale for $7 or so on Steam and decided to fire it up.  Playing the Italy campaign, I got fed up with a little stack of Austrians running around Torino and cornered them with one of my main armies (Duroc).  In the ensuing battle, my artillery absolutely slaughtered them before they could even get into musket range, so while they were fleeing in a panic, I got all :smugface: and sent the light cavalry after them. 

Yeah. 

These fucking morons, despite being told to use the melee attack, charge up to them in a big mass and unload their carbines into each other multiple times while I just stared in shock.  Result: 130 casualties among four experienced cavalry units (from 38 or whatever each to 18, 11, 8, 13 ffs) that now have to be slowly replenished instead of the zero that it should have been.  They shot the hell out of each other.  Whatever.  Napoleon marches on Trient Klagenfurt as I type.

How does unit reinforcement work in Shogun?  Do they regain troops over time automatically, or is there a button you push?

Gotta press that nice melee button
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

JonasSalk

It's been the case for several games now that you could press control + click to have them shift to melee.
Yuman

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: JonasSalk on April 03, 2011, 01:30:29 PM
It's been the case for several games now that you could press control + click to have them shift to melee.

I think it has been like this since shogun even.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Alcibiades on April 03, 2011, 12:23:34 PM

Quote from: medespite being told to use the melee attack

;)

They simply decided it would be a good idea to shoot each other up before going in with the swords.

JonasSalk

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on April 03, 2011, 02:43:09 PM
Quote from: JonasSalk on April 03, 2011, 01:30:29 PM

I think it has been like this since shogun even.

Probably, yeah. I'm fairly certain I remember doing that way back in 2000 when I played the game.
Yuman

Alcibiades

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on April 03, 2011, 04:40:00 PM

They simply decided it would be a good idea to shoot each other up before going in with the swords.

It was crowded.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Viking

meh.. the pace of the campaign game is all wrong.

Realm Divide usually happens way way way before I start putting any more than a few samurai or cavalry in my armies. The AIs extreme aggression and complete unwillingness to defend it's cities means that the AI powers blitz each other and for the player the best defense is to blitz any opponent.

AI "brilliance" is basically down to high selective anti player diplomacy bias (send entire army against player) as well a thin avenues of approach (no possibility of outflanking or maneuvering)
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

MadBurgerMaker

Siege

Should I buy a hard copy or Steam it?

I think there was some trouble with Steam and the previous TW mods.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Siege on May 01, 2011, 09:20:07 PM
Should I buy a hard copy or Steam it?

I think there was some trouble with Steam and the previous TW mods.

They all use Steam, even the boxed versions.  It's been like this since Empire.

Lucidor

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on April 03, 2011, 04:40:00 PM
Quote from: Alcibiades on April 03, 2011, 12:23:34 PM

Quote from: medespite being told to use the melee attack

;)

Or they had the Fire at will box checked.