News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Great Union-Busting Thread

Started by Admiral Yi, March 06, 2011, 01:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

Of course, it probably got to this judge in the first place via judicial shopping. Everyone does that...
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on March 30, 2011, 10:32:41 AM
Quote from: Berkut on March 30, 2011, 10:23:42 AM
Yeah, I don't think there is much high ground for anyone to be taking.

I guess the defense could be that the Dems were simply trying to prevent a genuinely evil set of legislation by the Republicans.

No excuse.  If the Republican's are so evil they should be able to convince the voters of that.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Strix

All is well in the Union Shop! I got my step raise, so life is 5% better, hehehehehe. I have four more coming, so not that concerned if we get small raises from the next contract.

I love politics always much ado about nothing when they shake their fists at the Unions.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Habbaku

Heheheheheheheheeheheheheheheheehehehe.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

grumbler

Heheheheheheheheeheheheheheheheehehehehehehehehehehehe.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Strix on March 31, 2011, 02:58:29 PM
All is well in the Union Shop! I got my step raise, so life is 5% better, hehehehehe. I have four more coming, so not that concerned if we get small raises from the next contract.

I love politics always much ado about nothing when they shake their fists at the Unions.

It would be a lot funnier if Berkut just had to cut you a check directly.

Caliga

Quote from: Strix on March 31, 2011, 02:58:29 PM

If we legalize drugs, will you get laid off?  Be honest plz. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

MadImmortalMan

The crazy threatening emailer is caught.

Woman charged with email threats

By Bill Glauber of the Journal Sentinel
Madison - A 26-year-old woman was charged Thursday with two felony counts and two misdemeanor counts for allegedly making email threats against Wisconsin lawmakers during the height of the battle over Gov. Scott Walker's budget-repair bill.

Katherine R. Windels of Cross Plains was named in a criminal complaint filed in Dane County Criminal Court.

According to the criminal complaint, Windels allegedly sent an email threat to State Sen. Robert Cowles (R-Green Bay) March 9. Later that evening, she allegedly sent another email to 15 Republican legislators, including Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald (R-Juneau).

The subject line of the second email was: "Atten: Death Threat!!!! Bomb!!!" In that email, she purportedly wrote, "Please put your things in order because you will be killed and your families will also be killed due to your actions in the last 8 weeks."

"I hope you have a good time in hell," she allegedly wrote in the lengthy email in which she purportedly listed scenarios in which the legislators and their families would die, including bombings and by "putting a nice little bullet in your head."

According to the criminal complaint, Windels told investigators "I sent out emails that I was
disgusted and very upset by what they were doing."

Asked if she intended to follow through on any of her threats, Windels told the investigators "No," according to the complaint.

Windels was charged with two felony counts "bomb scare" and two misdemeanor counts of "computer message-threatening injury/bodily harm." If convicted, each felony count carries a maximum penalty of three years and six months in prison and a $10,000 fine, and each misdemeanor count carries a maximum penalty of 90 days in prison and a $1,000 fine.

WKOW-TV reported Windels was not in custody. She was expected to be served Friday with her first court appearance in late April, according to the station's website.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Caliga

Remember that crazy bitch who worked for the McCain campaign and beat herself up, claiming that two menacing negroes did it and tattooed Obama on her face or something?  Wonder what she's up to these days. :)

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Caliga on April 01, 2011, 12:08:26 PM
Remember that crazy bitch who worked for the McCain campaign and beat herself up, claiming that two menacing negroes did it and tattooed Obama on her face or something?  Wonder what she's up to these days. :)

Dating Alan Keyes.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 01, 2011, 01:30:23 PM
I would not hit it.
Are you talking about Alan Keyes or this Katherine Windels chick?  From her mug shot it looks like she may be decent looking (when not depicted in a mug shot).

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on April 01, 2011, 01:32:44 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 01, 2011, 01:30:23 PM
I would not hit it.
Are you talking about Alan Keyes or this Katherine Windels chick?  From her mug shot it looks like she may be decent looking (when not depicted in a mug shot).

The chick.

Long face, fat arms, man hands. PASS.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Oh, I didn't see a full body shot. :blush: