And we're back!

Main Menu

The Great Union-Busting Thread

Started by Admiral Yi, March 06, 2011, 01:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Was there a photo in an earlier post?  When I'm at work a lot of the inline images get blocked and I can't even tell someone was trying to post one. :blush:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Caliga on April 01, 2011, 01:41:57 PM
Was there a photo in an earlier post?  When I'm at work a lot of the inline images get blocked and I can't even tell someone was trying to post one. :blush:

I hotlinked it from the chick's myspace page. You probably have myspace blocked.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on April 01, 2011, 01:41:57 PM

Working on a friday.  :rolleyes:

Strix

Quote from: Caliga on April 01, 2011, 06:49:07 AMIf we legalize drugs, will you get laid off?  Be honest plz. :)

Only if you legalize murder and stealing.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Caliga

:hmm:

I guess I don't really care, since I'm not a sucker who lives in New York.  Carry on my good man. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on April 01, 2011, 03:21:12 PM

I guess I don't really care, since I'm not a sucker who lives in New York.  Carry on my good man. :)

Better be on the lookout in case New York gets some kind of federal bailout.

Anywho, here in Ohio Gov. Kasich signed SB 5 into law yesterday which scales back collective bargaining privileges for public sector unions :punk:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on April 01, 2011, 03:25:44 PM
Quote from: Caliga on April 01, 2011, 03:21:12 PM

Better be on the lookout in case New York gets some kind of federal bailout.

Anywho, here in Ohio Gov. Kasich signed SB 5 into law yesterday which scales back collective bargaining privileges for public sector unions :punk:

My cop friends are...displeased. I'm displeased.

I think I voted for the wrong tard. Strickland, who takes his own helmet to groundbreaking ceremonies, or the cop hater Kasich.

Fuck 'em all.

Admiral Yi

Ed Anger

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 01, 2011, 04:41:16 PM
Dirty pinko.

The Tea Party has certainly driven me leftwards economically from the center-right position.

When the tea party dies(I predict a painful 2012 death), I'll vote for Republicans again.

Ed Anger

I'd still kick countmoveon.org in the balls though, just on general principles.

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 01, 2011, 04:35:45 PM
My cop friends are...displeased. I'm displeased.

I think I voted for the wrong tard. Strickland, who takes his own helmet to groundbreaking ceremonies, or the cop hater Kasich.

I never thought Strickland was that bad-- it's just that I like Kasich a lot better.

QuoteFuck 'em all.

It shouldn't be a surprise.  Kasich made a campaign pledge to sign a bill just like SB 5.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

It shouldn't be a surprise.  Kasich made a campaign pledge to sign a bill just like SB 5.

I never read that shit. I walk into the voting booth and pound on the diebold machines.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 01, 2011, 06:19:32 AM
Quote from: Strix on March 31, 2011, 02:58:29 PM
All is well in the Union Shop! I got my step raise, so life is 5% better, hehehehehe. I have four more coming, so not that concerned if we get small raises from the next contract.

I love politics always much ado about nothing when they shake their fists at the Unions.

It would be a lot funnier if Berkut just had to cut you a check directly.
Does your Berkut Political Indignation Forecast Scale go from 1 to 5 or from 5 to 1?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 02, 2011, 08:34:24 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 01, 2011, 06:19:32 AM
Quote from: Strix on March 31, 2011, 02:58:29 PM
All is well in the Union Shop! I got my step raise, so life is 5% better, hehehehehe. I have four more coming, so not that concerned if we get small raises from the next contract.

I love politics always much ado about nothing when they shake their fists at the Unions.

It would be a lot funnier if Berkut just had to cut you a check directly.
Does your Berkut Political Indignation Forecast Scale go from 1 to 5 or from 5 to 1?

1 to 5.  Wait till the GOP shuts down the government, and Berkut blames those damned liberal commie Democrats.  Landfall will be ugly.