The Great Union-Busting Thread

Started by Admiral Yi, March 06, 2011, 01:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Oh so this is where Sask rage-left.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Maximus

derspiess

I still don't fully understand his post.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

I think what happened is that he thought I was trying to make a racist joke, not realizing there's an actual slang phrase "HNIC" (I think some rapper even did an album called that).  I'm not sure how one gets from that to quitting Languish altogether though. :huh:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on March 09, 2011, 12:21:47 PM

Yi is not even Canadian so jumping in to defend his culture was odd...

And public unions are a humanity issue?

Hmmmm....
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on March 09, 2011, 12:30:40 PM
I think what happened is that he thought I was trying to make a racist joke, not realizing there's an actual slang phrase "HNIC" (I think some rapper even did an album called that).  I'm not sure how one gets from that to quitting Languish altogether though. :huh:

Maybe he never saw 'Lean on Me'.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on March 09, 2011, 12:31:25 PM
Actually, I felt bad about his post and couldn't understand what triggered it, so I had Princesca read the thread and she said she thought he was probably upset about the thread in general, not what I posted.

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on March 09, 2011, 12:30:40 PM

I could understand him not knowing what HNIC stands for down here, but "Hockey Night In Canada" doesn't exactly fit into the context of Seedy's post or this thread.

His entire post confused me, beginning with "er matt" :huh: 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Yeah, that's the other thing I forgot to mention... Money was definitely using it in the "Head Nigga In Charge" sense, given the context.

Also my name isn't Matt. :)

KRonn

Yi is not even Canadian so jumping in to defend his culture was odd...

Hmmmm....
Maybe a humanity issue for taxpayers paying the freight??   :unsure:

grumbler

Quote from: derspiess on March 09, 2011, 12:36:27 PM
His entire post confused me, beginning with "er matt" :huh: 
That part made me think he was ragequitting some other forum based on a post by someone named Matt.  I hope I am right.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

DGuller

Woah, how did I miss that the first time?  I guess I saw something incomprehensible, thought it was Tyr or something like that, and immediately skipped to the post below.  My guess is that Sask's mind was less than crystal clear, for whatever reason, when he posted that.

The Brain

Hmmmm....

They certainly destroyed my faith in same.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

Quote from: DGuller on March 09, 2011, 01:00:19 PM
Woah, how did I miss that the first time?  I guess I saw something incomprehensible, thought it was Tyr or something like that, and immediately skipped to the post below.  My guess is that Sask's mind was less than crystal clear, for whatever reason, when he posted that.

:yes: Maybe he's running a fever.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga