News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Sengoku

Started by garbon, March 06, 2011, 11:19:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Interesting that a lot of discussion in that forum currently consists of debating whether or not Sengoku will be a knockoff of Shogun Total War II and p'dox reminding posters to stick to discussing Sengoku.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Is this that project glory thing?
██████
██████
██████

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Here is the thing: the premise of having a CK-ish game in a somewhat different enviroment is good. But, the theme is EXTREMELY overdone, even without releasing it at the time when the major bugs of the Shogun 2 game will be patched.

szmik

Garbon, have you finished the map yet? ;)
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Faeelin

What, they decided rather than actually make Divine Wind they are gonna do this? It has some cool features, but let's hop they add more details than three houses...

Edit: They've already decided that firearms can only be purchased if you have good relations with the Dutch and Portuguese. When soembody pointed out that firearms were produced in Japan, the reply was "gameplay trumps history."

Outlook: Not good.

BVN

Bandwagoning a Total War game? This can only mean succes... :bleeding:

Faeelin

Wow, the mods shut down a thread because it suggested a Three Kingdoms Expansion. Weird.

frunk

Hmm, it was shutdown because "I think this thread has served its purpose. Some nice discussions but this forum is for Sengoku, not a hypothetical expansion which would essentially be a totally different game. Feel free to start a new thread on this topic in the Paradox General Discussion forum."

Doesn't seem entirely unreasonable.

garbon

Quote from: frunk on March 09, 2011, 05:48:46 PM
Hmm, it was shutdown because "I think this thread has served its purpose. Some nice discussions but this forum is for Sengoku, not a hypothetical expansion which would essentially be a totally different game. Feel free to start a new thread on this topic in the Paradox General Discussion forum."

Doesn't seem entirely unreasonable.

Pretty much everything is going to be off-topic in that forum if you limit brainstorming. After all, there isn't much real data out there on the game to discuss. :P

frunk

Quote from: garbon on March 09, 2011, 06:42:36 PM

Pretty much everything is going to be off-topic in that forum if you limit brainstorming. After all, there isn't much real data out there on the game to discuss. :P

The thread went four pages with Johan contributing before it went downhill.  I think it ran its course.

garbon

I'll admit that I don't care either way. :blush: I probably won't look at the Sengoku forum until closer till release, as what's the point?

Josquius

Quote from: Tamas on March 06, 2011, 12:15:14 PM
Here is the thing: the premise of having a CK-ish game in a somewhat different enviroment is good. But, the theme is EXTREMELY overdone, even without releasing it at the time when the major bugs of the Shogun 2 game will be patched.
Indeed.

Again I add my shout for a ancient Greek city states game.
██████
██████
██████

Caliga

Quote from: Tyr on March 10, 2011, 03:12:19 PM
Again I add my shout for a ancient Greek city states game.
:thumbsup:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Brain

Quote from: Tamas on March 06, 2011, 12:15:14 PM

EXTREMELY overdone? Really?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.