And we're back!

Main Menu

Sengoku

Started by garbon, March 06, 2011, 11:19:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on March 10, 2011, 03:13:34 PM
Quote from: Tyr on March 10, 2011, 03:12:19 PM
Again I add my shout for a ancient Greek city states game.
:thumbsup:

On BGG, Mark Herman said that he is working on iPad games, such as version of his Peloponnesan war game.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Camerus

I don't think the Sengoku period is overdone that much. 

In terms of other eras, a good modern-day game might be fun.  I also wouldn't mind having Paradox try their hand at creating a more open-ended strategy game with random maps and nations, in the vein of Civ or to some extent Imperialism. 

Josquius

Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on March 11, 2011, 08:57:02 PM

In terms of other eras, a good modern-day game might be fun.  I also wouldn't mind having Paradox try their hand at creating a more open-ended strategy game with random maps and nations, in the vein of Civ or to some extent Imperialism. 
Back in the EU2 days I longed for random maps or at least alternative maps...
██████
██████
██████

sbr

Quote from: Tyr on March 11, 2011, 09:28:53 PM
Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on March 11, 2011, 08:57:02 PM

Back in the EU2 days I longed for random maps or at least alternative maps...

I would love to see EU3, or another similar game with random maps, especially for MP.  Now everyone knows where everything is, it would be neat-o for exploration to actually be sailing into the unkonown, instead of the Spanish player sending his conquistadors right at central America and the gold mines there.

Tonitrus

http://www.avault.com/previews/sengoku-pc-preview/#more-71060

Looks to be pretty much "CK: Japan", with ninjas and seppuku.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Habbaku

Looks good.  Will buy when it's $10-15.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Palisadoes

I'm actually really looking forward to this release. It is something quite different from what Paradox has done before.

HisMajestyBOB

I'm looking forward more to CK2.
Plus hopefully CK2 will iron out the design flaws/bugs/etc. present in Sengoku.

Also, I wish Korea was present so I could impose Kimchi on those Japanese barbarians.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Drakken

I know one of the beta testers, who is an amateur academic and a main contributor to the Samurai Archives website. He has played or tested next to all recent board wargames AND computer games on Japanese history whose setting lay before the Meiji era, even those found in Japan and in Japanese language, and he said that it was the most historically accurate video game about feudal Japan he has ever played. If he vouches for it, it's because it's true, because contributors to the SA site don't tolerate bullshit about Feudal Japan history fed by vgames and anime crap.

Being that I am interested in the era as well, I cant wait for its release. This certainly promises not to be a Shogun 2 : Total War.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Drakken on August 10, 2011, 09:42:14 PM
I know one of the beta testers, who is an amateur academic and a main contributor to the Samurai Archives website. He has played or tested next to all recent board wargames AND computer games on Japanese history whose setting lay before the Meiji era, even those found in Japan and in Japanese language, and he said that it was the most historically accurate video game about feudal Japan he has ever played. If he vouches for it, it's because it's true, because contributors to the SA site don't tolerate bullshit about Feudal Japan history fed by vgames and anime crap.

Being that I am interested in the era as well, I cant wait for its release. This certainly promises not to be a Shogun 2 : Total War.

So it will have giant enemy crabs?  :P
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Tonitrus

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on August 10, 2011, 10:57:08 PM

So it will have giant enemy crabs?  :P

No, just...

Josquius

I'd totally forgotten about this.

And what was the verdict on Shogun 2?
I didn't like the demo but then set battles are rarely good, the graphics were very pretty though...
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

I'm getting some enjoyment out of Shogun 2 so far even though I've never been a huge Total War fan.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Faeelin

This sounds great, but these are the guys who sold an expansion pack based on the Japanese Equivalent of the Carolingians seizing the French throne in 1453.