News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Quote from: celedhring on June 21, 2016, 04:44:33 AM
Hail Caesar! - one of those very loose Coen comedies, that never coalesces into much of a muchness. There's some funny lines and scenes here and there, eccentric characters galore, and some charming homages to 50s Hollywood, but it never really gets going. You'll still get laughs if you dig his style though, my favorite scene was [spoiler]Channing Tatum rendezvousing with a Soviet submarine aboard a rowboat manned by Communist screenwriters[/spoiler].

I was impressed by Alden Ehrenreich (or however it's spelled), I'm looking forward his take on Han Solo.

"Squint!  Squint at the grandeur!"
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

From the guilty pleasure department--

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back

https://youtu.be/aoCP_JHzBUM

11B4V

Last one was good wholesome family fun.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Did you pay attention to the new trailer? You were in it, catch a glimpse of you getting your ass kicked, Base Cop #4.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 24, 2016, 07:57:00 PM
Did you pay attention to the new trailer? You were in it, catch a glimpse of you getting your ass kicked, Base Cop #4.

Those were MP's, ass.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on June 24, 2016, 08:10:14 PM

Those were MP's, ass.

That's right.  You must've been taken out at the entrance gate.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 24, 2016, 08:46:42 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on June 24, 2016, 08:10:14 PM

Those were MP's, ass.

That's right.  You must've been taken out at the entrance gate.

That's well below me.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on June 24, 2016, 08:47:47 PM
That's well below me.

Not when it's the pizza guy it's not.

11B4V

CountDeMoney

Total comes to $28, and everybody has only $20s.

mongers

Watching 'Versailles' and against my better judgement rather enjoying it.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josquius

Hateful Eight- This movie exists. People speak in a smart sounding way. Not much actually happens. Worst Tarantino ever? I'll have to force myself to watch Jackie Brown again to check
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Quote from: Tyr on June 26, 2016, 05:59:12 AM
Hateful Eight- This movie exists. People speak in a smart sounding way. Not much actually happens. Worst Tarantino ever? I'll have to force myself to watch Jackie Brown again to check

Dunno how that will work, since Jackie Brown is nowhere near being the worst Tarantino film.

The Brain

Someone explain The Bachelor to me. What is the fiction that I, the viewer, am asked to suspend disbelief in?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on June 26, 2016, 06:34:31 AM
Quote from: Tyr on June 26, 2016, 05:59:12 AM

Dunno how that will work, since Jackie Brown is nowhere near being the worst Tarantino film.

The worst Tarantino (Death Proof, for me) is still a damn fine film.