News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Hey I don't need to know how the sausage is made so long as the end product is yummy. We will see how it looks in December.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Liep on June 15, 2016, 04:57:42 PM
A DC movie I might actually watch.

Some kind of amazon thing?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

celedhring

Quote from: Valmy on June 17, 2016, 08:49:08 AM
Hey I don't need to know how the sausage is made so long as the end product is yummy. We will see how it looks in December.

Lots of troubled productions have come out fine certainly, but Disney is evil. I'm automatically assuming the worst possible artistic outcome here  :P

Scipio

Quote from: celedhring on June 17, 2016, 09:23:12 AM
Quote from: Valmy on June 17, 2016, 08:49:08 AM

Lots of troubled productions have come out fine certainly, but Disney is evil. I'm automatically assuming the worst possible artistic outcome here  :P
It's all to cover up the alligator mess.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Valmy on June 17, 2016, 08:49:44 AM

The Wonder Woman movie.  Set during... World War I maybe?
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Valmy

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on June 17, 2016, 09:48:34 AM

WW1? Looks more like the Trojan War.

celedhring

They were spotted shooting several WWI scenes, including one with horseback amazons charging Germans. It looked fun.

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on June 17, 2016, 09:54:54 AM
Quote from: Benedict Arnold on June 17, 2016, 09:48:34 AM

WW1? Looks more like the Trojan War.
Definately WWI.  They did not have armor piercing at the time, so the shield is to protect them from machine guns.
;)

At this point, no plot details have been officially announced. All we know for certain (thanks to leaked set photos) is at least part of Wonder Woman will take place during World War I, and Diana will be in the outside world on a journey, specifically England. Because she's a mythical being, she'll look exactly the same then as she will in the present day. However, several reports indicate the movie will take in two different time periods. Things will kick of during the Great War in Europe, and then jump to the present day, either shortly before or after Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. There may even be third pre-20th century period in there as well. As the later sections will detail, moviegoers can also expect Greek mythology will be heavily featured in the movie, which isn't surprising given how important it's been in Wonder Woman's history on the printed page and other media.
Link

A more WWI-era image:

I honestly don't know why they picked Liep's image for their promo.  All jokes aside, it does not look like a WWI setting to me. 
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: celedhring on June 17, 2016, 10:05:07 AM
They were spotted shooting several WWI scenes, including one with horseback amazons charging Germans. It looked fun.
Yes, of course, armor, swords, shields and horses to charge a trench defended by machine gun nests. ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on June 17, 2016, 10:09:00 AM
Yes, of course, armor, swords, shields and horses to charge a trench defended by machine gun nests. ;)

Wonder Woman is bullet-proof, which really is the only way cavalry could have worked in WW1.

celedhring

Quote from: viper37 on June 17, 2016, 10:09:00 AM

To be fair, the scene was set in a beach, and the Germans didn't have a very defensible position. A cavalry charge would work in that circumstance. Plus I assume the horses are superhorses and thus bulletproof and shit.

Maladict

New Top Gear is growing on me.  :mellow:

Liep

London Has Fallen. Got about 5-10 minutes in before I stopped and promptly went onto imdb.com and rated it '1'.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

Quote from: Liep on June 19, 2016, 12:28:23 PM
London Has Fallen. Got about 5-10 minutes in before I stopped and promptly went onto imdb.com and rated it '1'.

Well that seems rather dickish.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

Quote from: garbon on June 19, 2016, 01:48:06 PM
Quote from: Liep on June 19, 2016, 12:28:23 PM

Well that seems rather dickish.

Perhaps, but in my defense it was really horrible.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk