News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

The one he discovered last week or so.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

So probably not very much his then. ;)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

viper37

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 07, 2016, 07:19:41 AM
Quote from: viper37 on April 06, 2016, 09:45:43 AM
Watch Killjoy, same network, same country but a a better look.  And a killer lead:

Not on Netflix.

Running out of new material there. I've started watching Marty's cartoon about ISIS members.
Look at Sci-Fi, if you still have a cable/satellite.  Or use the internet.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: viper37 on April 07, 2016, 09:38:40 AM

I don't. And if Syfy's website is like AMC and FX, they make you give them your cable provider to log in.  <_<

Zanza

Quote from: celedhring on April 07, 2016, 07:10:34 AM
And here it is! Star Wars Rogue One teaser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wji-BZ0oCwg

Looks almost as fanservicey as The Force Awakens, but what the hell, take my money already.

I'm only worried that I'm really not that interested to see a story that I already know the ending of (they will rob the plans and the Death Star will be destroyed). TFA had that big hook of wondering how the story would continue, and I'm massively looking forward to Ep 8 for the same reason.
Excellent. I'll watch that.

The Brain

Is Vikings worth it? I don't really mind Uppsala being in the mountains etc.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

viper37

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 07, 2016, 09:51:31 AM
Quote from: viper37 on April 07, 2016, 09:38:40 AM

I don't. And if Syfy's website is like AMC and FX, they make you give them your cable provider to log in.  <_<
Went to see, and it's just like that for Syfy.  And there's no video available from Space! either.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Great review of Black Sails, season 3.  Watch this, everyone, it's a great series.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2016/04/07/black-sails-season-3-review

Savonarola

March of the Penguins (2005)

My wife was bummed out by the number of on screen penguin deaths; but I think this is still Morgan Freeman's greatest role.   :)

Has anyone seen the French version (where the actors give voice to the penguins thoughts)?  That sounds like a really bad idea; but I'm curious if it worked.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Josquius

Quote from: Savonarola on April 07, 2016, 04:21:21 PM
March of the Penguins (2005)

My wife was bummed out by the number of on screen penguin deaths; but I think this is still Morgan Freeman's greatest role.   :)

Has anyone seen the French version (where the actors give voice to the penguins thoughts)?  That sounds like a really bad idea; but I'm curious if it worked.
If it's in french - it probably didn't
██████
██████
██████

citizen k

Quote from: The Brain on April 07, 2016, 12:29:31 PM

Yes, fun to watch. Has Ivar the Boneless.

viper37

Quote from: The Brain on April 07, 2016, 12:29:31 PM
1st season is so-so.
2nd season will make you regret you stayed with it until the very end when it gets better.
3rd season will convince you it's a must watch.
4th season is a bit weird but has some good moments.

If you don't mind this historicity problem, especially that all of the Viking age is concentrated into Ragnar Lothbrook's timeline, thant it's a nice show to watch.

Eddie Teach

So I'm trying the free month of Hulu. So much crap to wade through. Browse the tv shows and you find some that only have short clips. Who wants to be bothered with that?

Anyone have some good recommendations of stuff on Hulu(especially stuff that's not on Netflix)?