News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Happy Valley;   A-     

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

Venture brothers will come on tonight after a two year hiatus.  8 new episodes!  That's like 4 a year!
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Anyone else watching Billions on Showtime?

Tonitrus

"The Way We Were".

By our modern standards, I think Barbara Streisand might have raped Robert Redford. :hmm:

Eddie Teach

Only way that match is believable.  :lol:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

celedhring

Catch Me If You Can starting on the telly. Love that movie; the last great Spielberg film imho.

Liep

Quote from: celedhring on February 01, 2016, 04:31:30 PM
Catch Me If You Can starting on the telly. Love that movie; the last great Spielberg film imho.

I really like The Terminal, but you're probably right.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Cowspiracy. I can't help but mostly dismiss it as a vegan lovefest, but it does support my recent choice to have about 2-3 meat free days per week. Don't try and take my cheese away though. :mad:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josephus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 31, 2016, 11:41:36 PM
Anyone else watching Billions on Showtime?

I've DVR'd it. Is it good?
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

celedhring

Quote from: Liep on February 01, 2016, 05:20:23 PM

The Terminal is decent, mind, just too formulaic once you get past the setup. Spielberg doesn't do bad movies (or at least completely bad ones).

Ideologue

Quote from: celedhring on February 01, 2016, 06:09:37 PM

The Terminal is decent, mind, just too formulaic once you get past the setup. Spielberg doesn't do bad movies (or at least completely bad ones).

Lost World.  But it is an outlier.

I might have to check out that Turbo Kid thing.  The world's been waiting for a new Prayer Of the Rollerboys.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

garbon

:hmm:

I'm not sure I understand how someone likes The Terminal let alone really like it...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

It was actually Munich; but as usual, Euopean antisemitism knows no bounds.

Liep

Quote from: garbon on February 01, 2016, 07:35:09 PM

:hmm:

I'm not sure I understand how someone likes The Terminal let alone really like it...

Well, I gave it 7/10 on imdb, favourite thing about it might be the score though.