News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Looking for a decent series after finishing Show Me a Hero. Marco Polo, yay or nay?

Liep

Quote from: celedhring on December 05, 2015, 03:04:42 PM
Looking for a decent series after finishing Show Me a Hero. Marco Polo, yay or nay?

If you really really miss Game of Thrones or suffer from yellow fever, go for it. I didn't find it that interesting.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Deadfall.  Nicholas Cage screams his head off while Cpl. Hicks bangs his really nice looking squeeze.  I couldn't figure out what this movie was about but the love interest was super hott.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 05, 2015, 02:38:07 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 04, 2015, 11:55:52 PM
Red Dawn (1984, of course). Greatest 2nd Amendment agitprop ever?

I nominate one of the Charles Bronson street vigilante movies.  In war time gun rights are not up for debate.

Interesting question:  If the government gives weapons to partisans, are the weapons the property of the partisans or the government?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

frunk

Nay.  I think I watched 4 episodes and I don't remember a thing that happens other than some nice TnA.

celedhring

Death Wish 1 is pretty much a film about a pacifist gun-hater embracing gun culture. Can't get more NRA-ish than that.

celedhring

The National Board of Review names Mad Max as best film of the year:

http://www.nationalboardofreview.org/2015/12/national-board-of-review-announces-2015-award-winners/

That's a big one in the Oscar race.

celedhring

Also, watched the first two eps of Marco Polo. Wasn't aware there was a wuxia angle, so I'm sold on that alone; seems harmlessly entertaining enough.

The Brain

Randomly stumbled onto an episode of Bunheads (never heard of). Great dialogue.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

Was rewatching Silence of the Lambs Friday night (still plays) and noticed Roger Cormann has a credit on it.

celedhring

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 06, 2015, 04:58:01 AM
Was rewatching Silence of the Lambs Friday night (still plays) and noticed Roger Cormann has a credit on it.

Jonathan Demme started his career directing explotation films for Corman. He also has a cameo in Godfather 2 - he also helped start Coppola's career.

And yeah, Silence of the Lambs remains an immensely watchable film.

Josephus

Quote from: celedhring on December 06, 2015, 05:14:33 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 06, 2015, 04:58:01 AM

Jonathan Demme started his career directing explotation films for Corman. He also has a cameo in Godfather 2 - he also helped start Coppola's career.

And yeah, Silence of the Lambs remains an immensely watchable film.

If I ever compile a list of my top 10 movies, this would certainly be on it
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

viper37

I have seen better.  If you don't have anything else to watch, try it.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Admiral Yi

The overwhelming number of Star Wars themed commercials is dulling my anticipation.