Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on December 03, 2015, 05:27:07 AM
New Bats vs Supes trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fis-9Zqu2Ro

Bats with a gun  :bleeding: :bleeding: :bleeding: :bleeding: :bleeding: :bleeding:

The gun could be one for rubber bullets or maybe shooting nets. I find the machine guns on the Batwing more troublesome.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on December 03, 2015, 01:13:27 PM
Quote from: Syt on December 03, 2015, 01:11:26 PM
So, thanks to Star Wars Rebels, Interdictor Cruisers are now canon again.

I learnt the other day that Darth Revan was set to appear in The Clone Wars, but was ultimately cut. If Revan had become canon it would have been awesome. And I'm ashamed to admit that I care enough to feel that way.  :blush:

Clone Wars had a cameo from Darth Bane; I guess you could have used Revan in its stead, or incorporated him into the story.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

lustindarkness

Blackhat, Thor plays a hacker, I thought this movie was supposed to suck, it does not.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

celedhring

Quote from: lustindarkness on December 03, 2015, 09:11:52 AM
Actually looks good.

In vacuum, yes, but I soured a bit on Snyder after the first Supes bleak destruction-fest.

Also, I know it's one of the most predictable plot twists in recent times, but I hate that they already show how Bats and Supes make up to face Doomsday.

The Star Wars trailers show how to do this. The movie may still come out and have the most trite plot ever, but at least they aren't giving it away in the trailers.

celedhring

Man, where's Ide when one needs him. I need some scathing anti-Snyder backup here.

Barrister

Quote from: celedhring on December 03, 2015, 02:59:03 PM
Man, where's Ide when one needs him. I need some scathing anti-Snyder backup here.

I'm no Ideo (thank God) but I couldn't even make it through Man of Steel.  Bleak, bleak, bleak.  That's not the Superman I know and love.

I have almost zero interest in seeing this movie, despite Superman being my all-time favourite superhero.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

katmai

I have zero interest in watching that film.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Syt

It's rather impressive that they make me less and less willing with each trailer they release.

Star Wars trailers had the reverse effect.
—Stephen Jay Gould

MadImmortalMan

Episode I had good trailers too. It was sneaky like that.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Barrister on December 03, 2015, 03:03:21 PM
I'm no Ideo (thank God) but I couldn't even make it through Man of Steel.  Bleak, bleak, bleak.  That's not the Superman I know and love.

I have almost zero interest in seeing this movie, despite Superman being my all-time favourite superhero.

I'm looking forward to it.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

celedhring

I'm a sucker for things Batman, he's always been my favorite superhero. I know the film will probably be terrible, but I went to see Batman & Robin on opening night.

I'm far more interested in the Affleck-directed Bats movie, though.

The Brain

Batman is a superhero now?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

Snow White and the Huntsman is on TV. I don't have an opinion on Twilight Chick as an actress (never seen any of her movies), but I think she's hot.

celedhring

Quote from: The Brain on December 03, 2015, 04:27:03 PM

Absolutely; even if he doesn't have superpowers within the fictional universe, he has far higher physical capacities that any middle-aged guy on real Earth.

The Brain

Quote from: celedhring on December 03, 2015, 04:53:35 PM
Quote from: The Brain on December 03, 2015, 04:27:03 PM

Absolutely; even if he doesn't have superpowers within the fictional universe, he has far higher physical capacities that any middle-aged guy on real Earth.

Dolph is a superhero now?