And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Razgovory on November 12, 2015, 05:59:47 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on November 12, 2015, 09:35:59 AM
History needs to dump the picker assholes. HEY LETS TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS OLD HOARDER.

They are preparing the season finale where the Duck Dynasty guys hunt the American Pickers through the swamps of Louisiana.  Think Antiques Road show meets Deliverance.

:nerd:
Actually, this is more like Walter Hill's Southern Comfort but then Southern Comfort would not have been made without Deliverance.

celedhring

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on November 12, 2015, 05:40:49 PM
Quote from: celedhring on November 12, 2015, 04:21:58 PM
Amistad starting on the telly. Really long and considered one of Spielberg's weakest... but I can't see Spielberg making a totally bad film. Worth the watch?
Better than Warhorse.

Watched. I actually thought it was a decent watch, if a bit too long.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on November 12, 2015, 05:59:47 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on November 12, 2015, 09:35:59 AM
History needs to dump the picker assholes. HEY LETS TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS OLD HOARDER.

They are preparing the season finale where the Duck Dynasty guys hunt the American Pickers through the swamps of Louisiana.  Think Antiques Road show meets Deliverance.

I'd watch if Sadie gets naked.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 12, 2015, 07:23:31 PM

Is that Jace's wife?  Or their sister?

Ed Anger

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 12, 2015, 07:30:06 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on November 12, 2015, 07:23:31 PM

Is that Jace's wife?  Or their sister?

One of the inbred's daughter. 18 I think.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

When I was small, my mom had a Yorkshire terrier named Sadie. :wub:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josephus

The BEatles had a song called Sexy Sadie
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

jimmy olsen

Quote from: celedhring on November 07, 2015, 08:04:21 AM
Did the Warcraft movie trailer get posted? It looks terrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Rxoz13Bthc

It looks like a WoW cinematic, but with real actors playing the human characters. All the rest is bad CGI.

Finally watched this. The scenary is pretty. Dialogue seems lame. All in all I say it looks more mediocre than terrible.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

celedhring

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 12, 2015, 11:31:35 PM
Quote from: celedhring on November 07, 2015, 08:04:21 AM
Did the Warcraft movie trailer get posted? It looks terrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Rxoz13Bthc

It looks like a WoW cinematic, but with real actors playing the human characters. All the rest is bad CGI.

Finally watched this. The scenary is pretty. Dialogue seems lame. All in all I say it looks more medicore than terrible.

Is that a medical insurance tier?

Gonna start watching Show Me a Hero tonight. I'm told it's pretty rad and that half the soundtrack is made up of Springsteen songs.

Liep

So apparently Shia Lebeouf binge watched all his movies at a cinema and live streamed himself doing it. I can't think of another stunt more suitable for him. Well played. :thumbsup:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Savonarola

Number 17 (1932)

Not one of Hitchcock's better films; this is sort of an Old Dark House movie with a bus/train chase at the end.  The sound is primitive and it's obvious that the bus and train are toys throughout much of the chase.  It has it's moments, notably Leon M. Lion as the comic relief.   
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Savonarola

The version of Number 17 that I saw had an introduction and wrap-up by Tony Curtis.  He did not age well; I kept thinking of Robert Dinero's portrayal of the washed-up Jake LaMotta whenever he spoke.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Josquius

Sadie.
That name makes me laugh.
At the local cinema of my home town one of the crappy 'card adverts' that they show before the real adverts has always been for 'Sadie the Bra Lady'. As a kid me and my sister used to giggle like crazy at that.

I randomly watched the first episode of "Freaks and Geeks".
I've heard the title before but never actually seen it. Its quite good but...wow. So bizzare to see those modern big time actors as kids :lol:
██████
██████
██████

Savonarola

Quote from: Tyr on November 13, 2015, 12:28:50 PM
I randomly watched the first episode of "Freaks and Geeks".
I've heard the title before but never actually seen it. Its quite good but...wow. So bizzare to see those modern big time actors as kids :lol:

I liked Mr. Rosso.  He understands.   :cool: