Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: celedhring on September 11, 2015, 04:22:11 AM
PCU?
A gawfawful parody of political correctness run amok on college campuses by way of Animal House. 
PDH!

Ideologue

Sure, there's that, but I remember it being fun.  Ran on Comedy Central 10 times a day back in the mid-2000s.  It starred (you know, "starred") Piven, which is why I mentioned it.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

celedhring

Never heard of it before today.

Ideologue

I wouldn't exactly call it a cultural touchstone.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Ideologue on September 11, 2015, 10:04:18 AM
I wouldn't exactly call it a cultural touchstone.
I still use the Caine-Hackman Theory reference amongst a few others from that movie.  A lot of people actually get them.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Josephus

Gonna watch Intolerable Cruelty. I think I missed this one.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ed Anger

I watched that stupid He-Man movie when I ran across it on Netfux. I blame the drugs.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

A documentary about Kate Bush ( :wub: )- 'The Kate Bush Story: Running up That Hill' worth a viewing.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josephus

Quote from: mongers on September 11, 2015, 09:53:08 PM
A documentary about Kate Bush ( :wub: )- 'The Kate Bush Story: Running up That Hill' worth a viewing.

Was that the one from a year ago, just before her concerts. I saw it recently.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Eddie Teach

Celebrated 9/11 by watching American Sniper. :usa:

Ok, didn't actually realize it was 9/11 until just now. But I did see the movie. If you liked Hurt Locker, this one's much the same.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Josephus on September 11, 2015, 08:34:06 PM
Gonna watch Intolerable Cruelty. I think I missed this one.

The court room scene is a hoot.

11B4V

Is Cosmos too over the top for a 10 year-old?