And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 09, 2015, 06:20:00 PM
I rate these ratings 3/10

I grade your grade an Incomplete. Show work please.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grey Fox

I am taking one for the team but I am binging season 5 of Falling Skies.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ideologue

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 09, 2015, 06:45:23 PM

Joan hates Orson Welles, Alfred Hitchcock, Sidney Lumet, Elio Petri, and Michael Mann. :(
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

mongers

Quote from: Ideologue on September 09, 2015, 08:42:32 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 09, 2015, 06:45:23 PM

Joan hates Orson Welles, Alfred Hitchcock, Sidney Lumet, Elio Petri, and Michael Mann. :(

Who knew Woody Allen post on Languish as 'JR'.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

celedhring

Burn After Reading. Terrible film. Between this, Ladykillers and Intolerable Cruelty I get the feeling the Coens can't just do straight comedy. Then again, they made The Big Lebowski.

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on September 10, 2015, 04:54:54 PM
Burn After Reading. Terrible film. Between this, Ladykillers and Intolerable Cruelty I get the feeling the Coens can't just do straight comedy. Then again, they made The Big Lebowski.

I also felt like it was a sub par effort for the Coens, but it had a couple of really good jokes, and I really liked Brad Pitt's character.

I love Intolerable Cruelty.  :blush:

celedhring

Quote from: The Larch on September 10, 2015, 04:57:31 PM

I also felt like it was a sub par effort for the Coens, but it had a couple of really good jokes, and I really liked Brad Pitt's character.

I think I only laughed at Clooney's female masturbation device. A good laugh though.

All the characters are pretty unlikeable, except the poor gym manager.

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on September 10, 2015, 05:08:38 PM
Quote from: The Larch on September 10, 2015, 04:57:31 PM

I think I only laughed at Clooney's female masturbation device. A good laugh though.

All the characters are pretty unlikeable, except the poor gym manager.

Ah, the chair. That was a good one.  :lol:

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

frunk

There's also Raising Arizona, Hudsucker Proxy and O Brother.  I think the three above movies were just a rough patch for them.

Eddie Teach

Sergeant York. It was alright, a little overlong in the beginning.
Looper. I think I'm getting a little tired of time travel.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Gave Alien IV a shot.  It sucks something fierce.  Every single line of dialogue made me cringe.

Admiral Yi

I thought Intolerable Cruelty was quite good and Ladykillers watchable at worst.

celedhring

I think Intolerable Cruelty is one of the worst Coen Bros movies ever, but it's a matter of opinion I guess.  :lol:

They definitely had a rough patch right after Oh Brother. Actually, besides No Country for Old Men I don't think they have made a genuinely great film since then.

Anyway, I couldn't sleep and caught a lowbrow comedy starring Jeremy Piven. "The Goods". It was overall pretty bad. It had a good segment with a Will Ferrell cameo, but everything in it was subpar. The gross elements weren't really that gross, even the token hot chick characters weren't that hot.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)