News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Long trailer for the next Walking Dead season...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=73&v=Va1UPrFXHKA

[spoiler]That looked like Tara getting munched on.  :([/spoiler]

lustindarkness

Holy.Walking.Dead.Shit.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

celedhring

Quote from: Ideologue on July 10, 2015, 06:08:47 PM
Ok. I don't dislike Fury Road.  I think holding it up as the biggest big screen movie ever is hyperbolic, particularly when a movie that used its theatrical presentation better came out less than two years ago.

I didn't say it's the "biggest big screen movie ever". You're hyperbolying my hyperbole.

Once you get past the zero g pizzazz, though, Mad Max is better shot than Gravity. Fury Road has the best montage and shot selection I have seen in an action film in quite a while. It's amazing how it never loses control of all those ridiculously protracted and escalating action scenes - they are so clean and well told.

Admiral Yi

Surely it's hyperbolicating, no?

celedhring

I just made that word up, didn't even think there was a proper way to say that.

Admiral Yi

I'm fucking with you bro.  Lighten up.

celedhring

Admiral Yi

Hey, you owe me an assistant writer credit on something you do, jah?

A movie credit and a seeing a tornado, I can die happy.

Syt

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 11, 2015, 02:33:58 AM

The tornado and the dying part might end up being connected.  :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 11, 2015, 02:33:58 AM

The project you gave me assistance for is currently trapped in a rather deep circle of development hell :(

I'll try to get back the rights at the end of the year and see if I can take it elsewhere.

jimmy olsen

Shockingly good sets and effects for MTV, and for the Shannara series... what the heck? :blink:

https://youtu.be/crjkQHnDYu0
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

celedhring

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 11, 2015, 05:42:11 AM
Shockingly good sets and effects for MTV, and for the Shannara series... what the heck? :blink:

Never read the books. Is this something worth hyping oneself for?

Syt

It looks neat, but I kind of shut my mind off at "three teenagers embarking on an epic quest."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

Quote from: Syt on July 11, 2015, 05:49:48 AM
It looks neat, but I kind of shut my mind off at "three teenagers embarking on an epic quest."

Yeah, that was a big red light for me too. But it's MTV so they have to cater to that.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: celedhring on July 11, 2015, 05:46:01 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 11, 2015, 05:42:11 AM

Never read the books. Is this something worth hyping oneself for?
The books had some neat ideas, but it's one of those series you read when you're 12-14 and then forget about.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point