And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

viper37

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 26, 2015, 06:44:31 PM
Anyone see Texas Rising? Lame voice over intro in this trailer, but the imagery and cinematography looks nice.

There's a one-two second flash of a NSFW tub scene.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhNMwO8XQUw
I'll watch it on the week-end.  It looks nice :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

Needless to say I am nervous about it. Hope they do a decent job. I will also check it out sometime this weekend, they are all going on my DVR right now.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

Watched the end of Mad Men.
I've lost the plot.
I thought Don had a break and this was the end for him. But apparently not.
Predictions of the intro credits telling the future have been shown to be wrong
██████
██████
██████

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on May 27, 2015, 09:28:19 AM
Needless to say I am nervous about it. Hope they do a decent job. I will also check it out sometime this weekend, they are all going on my DVR right now.

Uh-oh.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/texas-rising/s01/
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

crazy canuck

I hope it is good.  But it has the look and feel of doing for Texas what The Patriot did for the American Revolution.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Josquius

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 27, 2015, 06:29:21 PM

I hope it is good.  But it has the look and feel of doing for Texas what The Patriot did for the American Revolution.
Shit all over it and make it look silly?
██████
██████
██████

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

From same folks who made that Hatfield & McCoys miniseries a few years back, and I've worked for them before in the reality tv segement of the company.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

The Larch

Valmy

Quote from: Malthus on May 27, 2015, 05:07:45 PM

Uh-oh.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/texas-rising/s01/

So about as excellent as the 2004 Alamo movie then? *sigh*

Still I will check it out. My wife's Greatx3 Grandfather was a Texas Ranger so unless it is truly trash maybe it might be good to show the boys someday.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Eddie Teach

Mad Max. Every bit the spectacle I expected.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?