News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Not true.  I gave The LEGO Movie an A, and now that I've worked through my problems with it, plan on upgrading it to an A+ at the end of the year.  That movie was total fun.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

The Lego Movie doesn't deserve an A.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

I know, it deserves an A+. :)
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

You had to work through problems with a movie.  :mellow:  About Legos. :mellow:

Ideologue

You'd hate it.  Kids these days, with their fucking interlocking brick systems.
Kinemalogue

CountDeMoney

Little spoiled rat bastards.  In my time, you either had a red astronaut or a white astronaut.  That was it during the Cold War.  Those were your choices during the Reagan Administration.  None of this merchanidizing agreements.  We had to invent a Darth Vader Lego, goddammit.

Ideologue

The astronaut is in The LEGO Movie.  He's a great character.
Kinemalogue

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 23, 2014, 12:57:16 AM
Little spoiled rat bastards.  In my time, you either had a red astronaut or a white astronaut.  That was it during the Cold War.  Those were your choices during the Reagan Administration.  None of this merchanidizing agreements.  We had to invent a Darth Vader Lego, goddammit.
All I had were Lincoln logs and erector sets so stfu
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on November 23, 2014, 12:59:37 AM

I never had Legos.  All my friends did.  :(  PARENTS AND SANTA WERE TOO CHEAP

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 23, 2014, 12:54:23 AM
You had to work through problems with a movie.  :mellow:  About Legos. :mellow:

I think the main problem was that he's not 12 years old. Dunno how he got over that one.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

katmai

I just watched the Lego movie. A+
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ideologue on November 23, 2014, 12:34:41 AM
Not true.  I gave The LEGO Movie an A, and now that I've worked through my problems with it, plan on upgrading it to an A+ at the end of the year.  That movie was total fun.

The Croods was obviously a fantasy, complete with an owlbear. Condemning it for being paleontologically inaccurate is the height of pedantry.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 23, 2014, 01:00:17 AM
Quote from: katmai on November 23, 2014, 12:59:37 AM

I never had Legos.  All my friends did.  :(  PARENTS AND SANTA WERE TOO CHEAP

Which is ironic, because when I was a kid I had shitloads of Legos, because they were cheap over here. It was a few years later that there was a serious price hike.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Ed probably used Legos with his Guns of Navarone playset.  Fucking 1%ers.

Tonitrus

I am pretty sure I had red indians storming a Nazi mountain fortress playset at some point.

Sadly, Tim probably has a map for that.