News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: celedhring on October 23, 2014, 07:41:37 AM
Got Edge of Tomorrow, will watch it this weekend!

There's also Trascendence out here in Spain. I really like all stuff sci-fi, but I'm aware this one got a really bad rap when it came out. What are languishite opinions on it?

D+ would be generous.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Syt

Apparently "Here comes Honey Boo Boo" is cancelled. Because the Mom is now dating a convicted child molester.

Who molested her oldest daughter when she was 8.

WTF is wrong with people?? :bleeding:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

katmai

Have you heard of show Sons of Guns syt?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Syt

Read the headlines. I generally don't watch "reality" TV.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Admiral Yi

WTF is Here Comes Honey Boo Boo? :unsure:

katmai

Quote from: Syt on October 27, 2014, 12:51:32 AM
Read the headlines. I generally don't watch "reality" TV.
It's okay neither do I :D

But that show was done by same production company that I'm working for now, heard just minor tidbits from producers who worked on it.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Josephus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 27, 2014, 12:53:08 AM
WTF is Here Comes Honey Boo Boo? :unsure:
American television at its most intellectual.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

celedhring

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

frunk

Grey Fox

Watched Captain America : The First Avenger last night. I do not like Super Hero movies happening in WW2s timeline. I feel it is disrecpect full to the great generation.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

mongers

Quote from: Josephus on October 25, 2014, 04:48:53 PM
Quote from: mongers on October 25, 2014, 02:19:29 PM
'Captain Philips' with Tom Hanks, worth bothering to watch ?

Yeah. It's alright.

An good film, real ships make for good sets and nicely filmed too.

Good performance from Hanks, not playing him as a straight alpha hero type.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Neil

Quote from: Syt on October 27, 2014, 07:52:19 AM
Quote from: celedhring on October 27, 2014, 07:06:22 AM
This is fun:

http://www.zimbio.com/trivia/r_cugwp7wUZ/Can+Match+Spaceship+Movie+Appears?sc=18

95% - Proud to have got the Transformers one wrong, actually.

Same here. :lol:
I actually got that one.  At first glance, I thought it was just a bad shot of the big aliens from the Avengers movie, but then I realized that it wasn't a monster, it was those weird floating ships from the movie's trailer.  I've never acutually seen the movie though.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

celedhring

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 27, 2014, 07:46:51 AM
Watched Captain America : The First Avenger last night. I do not like Super Hero movies happening in WW2s timeline. I feel it is disrecpect full to the great generation.

Captain America was created during WWII, his classic stories are of him fighting nazis and nazi supervillains. He even battled nazis before the US joined the war. I don't see how the movie is disrespectful by going back to that.