And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

And I should at least have top billing.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

I don't know if anyone else has posted about it here - but I was happy to see Transparent (starring Jeffery Tambor) show back up with its post-pilot episodes on Amazon. I think it is a really interesting show even in spite of the fact that most of the characters are not likeable (well primarily two of the kids of Tambor and Judith Light's older jewish woman can get a bit grating -_-).
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

So is Sheilbh self igniting about Fortitude yet? A crime series with Tucci and the lead actress from The Killing with a little bit of Gambon.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

crazy canuck

Season 2 of Utopia is showing.  Not the American reality show but the British production.  I am really enjoying it.  But if you didnt catch the first season its too late to jump in.  I suggest you try to get caught up before watching.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

celedhring

Quote from: Josephus on October 01, 2014, 03:31:45 PM
What's it about CC?

Best not to give too much away; just that it's about a mass conspiracy revolving around a lost comic-book, and it's really great.

crazy canuck

Quote from: celedhring on October 01, 2014, 03:39:39 PM
Quote from: Josephus on October 01, 2014, 03:31:45 PM
What's it about CC?

Best not to give too much away; just that it's about a mass conspiracy revolving around a lost comic-book, and it's really great.

Yeah, it is something that has to be experienced and it is well worth it.

Grey Fox

This last season of Sons of Anarchy is a little weird. Sutter really felt the need to up the tempo at which senseless violence happens.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Eddie Teach

12 Years a Slave. Really good movie, well acted, well told, emotionally moving. Best of the year? Maybe, maybe not. I think it loses a few points as far as originality and memorability go. Best of the nominees that I've seen? Yeah, though Gravity is close. (And how the fuck did Wolf of Wall Street get a Best Picture nomination, that movie was awful.)
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Eddie Teach

Captain America: The Winter Soldier. It was ok. Rather forgettable.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

Ed Anger

I want to see Left Behind: Nicholas Cage needs to pay his debts edition.

Just because.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Habbaku

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 02, 2014, 03:43:34 AM
(And how the fuck did Wolf of Wall Street get a Best Picture nomination, that movie was awful.)

Where's your sense of humor, Eddie?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

FunkMonk

It's October. Anyone got any horror movies lined up?
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.