News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Watched American Hustle last night.  Quite a bit good about this movie, in particular Amy Adam's performance and the way both she and the big blond wear their tits, and quite a bit bad, in particular the leisurely pace.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I rate it watch it on cable if nothing better is on.

mongers

Quote from: Ideologue on August 09, 2014, 05:13:04 PM
Given that it doesn't exist, no. :unsure:  Unless you mean watching someone play the 1992 video game, in which case it would depend, but also probably no.

You know what I meant; apparently it's called 'Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time'
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 09, 2014, 05:57:54 PM
Watched American Hustle last night.  Quite a bit good about this movie, in particular Amy Adam's performance and the way both she and the big blond wear their tits, and quite a bit bad, in particular the leisurely pace.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I rate it watch it on cable if nothing better is on.

I liked it.

Are you sure you're not just subconsciously reacting against the preponderance of silicon nowadays?

Yeah, her performance was good.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

Quote from: mongers on August 09, 2014, 06:13:07 PM
Are you sure you're not just subconsciously reacting against the preponderance of silicon nowadays?

I'm sure I'm very consciously reacting against the preponderance of nipple masking, monoboob shaping padded bras nowadays.

Ideologue

Quote from: mongers on August 09, 2014, 06:10:52 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on August 09, 2014, 05:13:04 PM
Given that it doesn't exist, no. :unsure:  Unless you mean watching someone play the 1992 video game, in which case it would depend, but also probably no.

You know what I meant; apparently it's called 'Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time'

That's not a sequel, it's the original film.  It just has a subtitle for... reasons, I guess, probably marketing synergies with the game.  All kidding aside, I actually did not know what you meant.  I thought you'd accidentally uttered the title, but meant some other franchise. :)  I've never seen it, but Disney is very hit or miss with their live action fantasy properties.  But Tron: Legacy and John Carter are great.  It could be alright.

Yi: indeed, American Hustle sucks.  I told ya.  It was my no. 74 out of 100 for 2013.  How was it nominated for an Oscar?  Five words and a letter: David O. Russell/Jennifer Lawrence fever.  The Academy is pathetic.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Tron: Legacy sucks. You suck.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

You suck.  Your bowel movements suck.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on August 09, 2014, 08:42:28 PM
You suck.  Your bowel movements suck.

They are the finest proto-Diharrea bowel movements ever produced.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Ideologue on August 09, 2014, 08:35:51 PM
Yi: indeed, American Hustle sucks.

It doesn't suck.  It's a B- movie.  It's watchable.

Ideologue

B- sounds a lot like a C+.  A C+ sucks.
Kinemalogue

Siege

Countinuum season 3.

Mindblowing.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on August 09, 2014, 10:40:33 PM
B- sounds a lot like a C+.  A C+ sucks.

We've gone over this before. Your grading curve is more generous than most. His B- probably translates to a B+ from you if you enjoyed the movie the same amount.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

LaCroix

i'd rate hustle a C. it was downright mediocre. worst voice-over i've ever heard, too. at least it got a little better mid-way through - i'd have probably walked out of the theater if it hadn't. the first twenty to thirty minutes felt like watching paint dry.

The Brain

Guardians of the Galaxy. Entertaining and forgettable.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tonitrus

The Lone Ranger.

I swear that stuffed bear is the same one from The Wind and the Lion.