News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

I miss Katie Holmes when she was a cutie pie.

11B4V

Nothing currently on really perks my interests. I went back a revisited Deadwood.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on May 09, 2014, 07:08:12 PM
Nothing currently on really perks my interests. I went back a revisited Deadwood.

I don't know if you're into British comedies, but I highly recommend Saxondale on Netflix.  Former '80s rock 'n roll roadie is reduced to owning a pest control company and going to group therapy for anger issues.  Funny as ass balls.  I think you'd appreciate it.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 09, 2014, 07:15:13 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on May 09, 2014, 07:08:12 PM

I don't know if you're into British comedies, but I highly recommend Saxondale on Netflix.  Former '80s rock 'n roll roadie is reduced to owning a pest control company and going to group therapy for anger issues.  Funny as ass balls.  I think you'd appreciate it.

I need to find something. I'll check it out. I like "Sherlock", but they just dont make that many of them. I may finally spring for the Breaking Bad Blue-ray collection. I have not seen one episode of it.

Even Game of Thrones bores the hell outta me. Very flat and shallow. Deadwood > GoT
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on May 09, 2014, 07:21:44 PM
I may finally spring for the Breaking Bad Blue-ray collection. I have not seen one episode of it.

THE FUCK YOU WAITING FOR MAN

CountDeMoney

Sheilbh

And if you like Saxondale look into Alan Partridge :wub:
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

If you like Ian McShane look into Lovej....No. Don't :weep:
Let's bomb Russia!

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 09, 2014, 07:23:27 PM
I may finally spring for the Breaking Bad Blue-ray collection. I have not seen one episode of it.

Time.  :(

Ed Anger

The Sheepman

Leslie Nielsen(cattle) and Glenn Ford(sheep) battle it out over land and Shirley McClaine's younger, hotter pussy.

B
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 09, 2014, 07:23:27 PM

No kidding. :(
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Finished up all the Spider-Men, for the between one and two of you who are interested. :lol:

The amazing web of the spectacular Spider-Man unlimted, part IV: The clone saga

QuoteWe all knew the reboot was never strictly necessary in the first place, and with Amazing's rerun of half a dozen old ideas, alongside its debut of a few new, terrible ones, even the film itself seems sometimes to argue against its own existence.  But in a stroke, it's all forgiven, for with a single great idea the Amazing series more than justifies the decision to begin again.

B+

The amazing web of the spectacular Spider-Man unlimited, part V: Electro Max likes electro music

QuoteAmazing 2 represents a return in many respects to the kitchen-sink narrative of Spider-Man 3—and flawed it may be, deeply so, but there is true finesse here as well.  With an affecting climax that underlines exactly why this reconception of the franchise is so much more solid than the last, this film is also so stylistically insane that you could call it The Formalist Spider-Man.  Its strengths are too strong to understate the matter, and I don't hesitate to go against the grain all the way: it's not only not the terrible movie you've no doubt heard it was, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is the best Spider-Man film yet.

A
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

The Brain

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 09, 2014, 07:42:39 PM
The Sheepman

Leslie Nielsen(cattle) and Glenn Ford(sheep) battle it out over land and Shirley McClaine's younger, hotter pussy.

B

5,000 words please.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Quote from: The Brain on May 10, 2014, 04:23:55 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 09, 2014, 07:42:39 PM
The Sheepman

B

5,000 words please.

Baaaaaaaaa
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

Man of Steel. 6.5/10.

Why are the DC movies so dour with their washed out color palette and the melodrama that takes itself too serious for its own sake? It's clear they're trying to make a serious movie, and while I think it can be achieved (see Dark Knight), this one feels horribly disjointed. At least the fight scenes were fun and Zod, while no Terrence Stamp, was entertaining.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.