Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quick, is it worth watching 'Gravity' ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

mongers

Ideologue

It was the best movie of 2013.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Liep

So Ide, did you review RoboCop? My interest doesn't stem from the fact that it just popped up on a seafaring site.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ideologue

Quote from: Liep on May 08, 2014, 06:54:45 PM
So Ide, did you review RoboCop? My interest doesn't stem from the fact that it just popped up on a seafaring site.

I saw it but I was too busy at the time to write it up.  It's marginally bad, more dull than terrible, albeit with a few rather interesting moments (for example, Robocop is assembled in China :lol: ).
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: Habbaku on May 08, 2014, 07:40:33 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on May 08, 2014, 06:42:30 PM

:bleeding:

Pick your battles.  Gravity came within a hair's breadth of an Oscar, tied in the Producers' Guild, was a lot of people's no. 1, not just mine, and was on practically everybody's Top 10.
Kinemalogue

Eddie Teach

I would say it was The Hobbit part 2, but I haven't seen it yet.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Quote from: Ideologue on May 08, 2014, 07:51:09 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on May 08, 2014, 07:40:33 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on May 08, 2014, 06:42:30 PM

:bleeding:

Pick your battles.  Gravity came within a hair's breadth of an Oscar, tied in the Producers' Guild, was a lot of people's no. 1, not just mine, and was on practically everybody's Top 10.

I watched it,...... a good film. 

Though I don't understand why they need all of three people to do casting for a sum total of two actors and five voice parts.   :hmm:

The Brain

Quote from: mongers on May 08, 2014, 10:55:38 PM

Though I don't understand why they need all of three people to do casting for a sum total of two actors and five voice parts.   :hmm:

Union.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

So it's Smallville meets the Sopranos?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."