News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRC

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 26, 2014, 05:13:20 PM
The scene in the Avengers where Scarlett 'Blood Bubbles' Johansson was tied up in the chair.

A

The rest of the movie? I don't give a fuck.

That's the worst scene in the movie.

Ed Anger

Quote from: PRC on April 26, 2014, 10:16:36 PM
The scene in the Avengers where Scarlett 'Blood Bubbles' Johansson was tied up in the chair.

A

Homo.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Darth Wagtaros

They remade the Mountain Family Robinson? Heresy!
PDH!

PRC

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 26, 2014, 10:20:05 PM

A

Homo.

It's a failure of believability.  The perfectly tousled uniform, captured without a bruise and the ridiculous cel phone banter.  I like the movie overall but that scene is clearly a second team outcome and the only way it could be considered positive is if your intellectual capacity for film doesn't go further than "boobies, hurr, hurr".

Ed Anger

Boobies. Hurt hurr.

That is it actually. I'm not watching a comic book film for its intellectual properties.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 26, 2014, 10:16:02 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on April 26, 2014, 09:43:43 PM
Nuh-uh.

Wait, music composed by Wang Chung?  SOLD.

Best Wang Chung song..EVAR

You mean they had more than one? :unsure:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

jimmy olsen

A

I've never seen that scene with English subtitles, so I don't know what they're talking about.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

I bet that's an annoying aspect of living in a foreign country.  You go to see an English language film, but when the characters are speaking Russian, etc., it's subtitled in the bar-bar language of your host country.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 26, 2014, 09:37:33 PM
Hey Ide, did you ever see To Live and Die in L.A. yet?

Now, that's a genre classic!  :wub:

Viking

Quote from: Ideologue on April 27, 2014, 03:23:03 AM
I bet that's an annoying aspect of living in a foreign country.  You go to see an English language film, but when the characters are speaking Russian, etc., it's subtitled in the bar-bar language of your host country.

There I was, with my friends, out to see a movie: The Lego Movie. And when I am ordering tickets I find out that there are no non-dubbed versions. We skipped the movie and went straight to the drinking of the beer.

Then again, I watched charlies angels dubbed into german with an american in germany when it came out. We were the only ones laughing at both the original jokes lost in translation and the ones the dubbing created.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Savonarola

CB and I watched "South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut" last night.  This morning:

CB:  Ugh, I've got the "Uncle Fucker" song stuck in my head :mad:
Savonarola:  I blame Canada

It's surprising how well the movie holds up fifteen years after release.  I think the real strength is in the songs especially in how clever a parody of "Oklahoma" and "One Day More," "Uncle Fucka," and "La Resistance," are respectively.  Also how well done the Busby Berkeley dance number parodies "It's Easy MMMKay" and "I'm Super" are.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Scipio

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 26, 2014, 11:44:44 PM

A

I've never seen that scene with English subtitles, so I don't know what they're talking about.
Let me transcribe the dialogue for you:

"You may be hot, but your Russian accent is shit."

"Thanks, ugly."
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Savonarola on April 27, 2014, 09:38:19 AM
CB and I watched "South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut" last night.  This morning:

CB:  Ugh, I've got the "Uncle Fucker" song stuck in my head :mad:
Savonarola:  I blame Canada

It's surprising how well the movie holds up fifteen years after release.  I think the real strength is in the songs especially in how clever a parody of "Oklahoma" and "One Day More," "Uncle Fucka," and "La Resistance," are respectively.  Also how well done the Busby Berkeley dance number parodies "It's Easy MMMKay" and "I'm Super" are.

That film's orchestration and songwriting is a hell of a lot stronger than it's given credit for.  A fantastic work on several levels.

garbon

The Other Woman

About what you would expect. Leslie Mann was the show stealer - her neurotic character was just great.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.