News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savonarola

Quote from: celedhring on April 26, 2014, 03:29:27 AM
They might find difficult finding a good Bowie song if they go on making a 90s sequel  :P

Hallo Spaceboy  :area52: would be a good fit.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Queequeg

There is no way that is as amusing as it thinks it is. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

CountDeMoney

celedhring

Quote from: Tyr on April 26, 2014, 06:28:53 AM
They might find difficult finding a good Bowie song if they go on making a 90s sequel  :P

Loved the first one though, wasn't aware they were making an 80s version  :)

It was years ago.
Life on mars I liked.
Ashes to ashes... It's all rather too meta. Doesn't have as much of the fun time traveling cop stuff of LoM.

I've heard there's a Russian version of life on Mars which sounds rather interesting.

There was a Spanish one too, which was disappointingly bland, despite being a very interesting period in our history (death of Franco, transition to democracy and the cultural eruption that followed, etc...)

dps

celedhring

Just caught "Pale Rider" on the telly, one of my favorite Eastwood films.

Gotta be one of the greatest western movie setups: girl prays to God for help against robber baron, God thinks fire and crimson is not enough and sends Clint Eastwood instead.

Admiral Yi

Saw about 10 minutes of Requiem for a Dream last night.  :homestar:

The Brain

Quote from: celedhring on April 26, 2014, 11:04:05 AM
Just caught "Pale Rider" on the telly, one of my favorite Eastwood films.

Gotta be one of the greatest western movie setups: girl prays to God for help against robber baron, God thinks fire and crimson is not enough and sends Clint Eastwood instead.

I like to think that the guys are brothers.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Ed Anger

The scene in the Avengers where Scarlett 'Blood Bubbles' Johansson was tied up in the chair.

A

The rest of the movie? I don't give a fuck.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Sheilbh

Loved the first one though, wasn't aware they were making an 80s version  :)
It's all finished. Three series I think.

I'm preferring Ashes to Ashes. I love the meta-ness and I prefer Keeley Hawes to John Simm.
Let's bomb Russia!

Ideologue

Thief (1981).  Just when James Caan thought he was out, they pull him back in (wait...).  Michael Mann's crime classic is highly recommended for nihilists, fans of reasonably grounded but nonetheless excitingly edited heists, and--most of all--aficionados of the colors green and blue.

A

Bottle Rocket (1996).  I don't know who thought letting Wes Anderson make the sequel fifteen years later was a good idea.  I didn't even realize it was going to be a double feature.

B
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Hey Ide, did you ever see To Live and Die in L.A. yet?

Ideologue

Nuh-uh.

Wait, music composed by Wang Chung?  SOLD.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on April 26, 2014, 09:43:43 PM
Nuh-uh.

Wait, music composed by Wang Chung?  SOLD.

Best Wang Chung song..EVAR
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive