And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: celedhring on April 24, 2014, 04:49:23 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 24, 2014, 04:40:20 PM
It probably gets more kudos as a screenplay, some artsy mucks think it is as perfectly structured as a screenplay as it can get.

Aye, at film school they'd hammer us with it. I love the film, though. Not sure where it ranks on besteverness, but it's a great film.

Currently watching The Raid. So far it is cool, but hot damn, I don't understand a single word of Indonesian yet I can tell those are some really awful thespians.

"You hired thespians? I wanted lesbians, goddamit! Damn this lisp."
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Capetan Mihali

It probably gets more kudos as a screenplay, some artsy mucks think it is as perfectly structured as a screenplay as it can get.

Aye, at film school they'd hammer us with it. I love the film, though. Not sure where it ranks on besteverness, but it's a great film.

It's funny, watching it again, I had remembered it as having a much longer running time than it really does, since so much is packed into the story and each scene works so well.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Admiral Yi

I don't get the love for Chinatown.  Aside from the nose snipping scene I thought it was a bore.

Ideologue

Currently watching The Raid. So far it is cool, but hot damn, I don't understand a single word of Indonesian yet I can tell those are some really awful thespians.

I dunno.  I liked Uwais and Alamsyah (Rama and Andi). -_-

Quote from: YiI don't get the love for Chinatown.  Aside from the nose snipping scene I thought it was a bore.

:blink:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on April 24, 2014, 05:24:55 PM

It's funny, watching it again, I had remembered it as having a much longer running time than it really does, since so much is packed into the story and each scene works so well.

DKR is the perfectly structured screenplay? :unsure:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

I'm sorta with Yi. Chinatown bores me.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

It's like The Maltese Falcon with more incest.
Kinemalogue

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

And more Nicholson.  That's about even.
Kinemalogue

Eddie Teach

Only if you're counting the incest.

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 24, 2014, 04:03:57 PM
I liked Bane's voice. :(

He reminded me of the old Marlon Brando.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ideologue

I thought there was a little Jimmy Stewart in there.
Kinemalogue

viper37

Quote from: Viking on April 23, 2014, 05:22:49 PM
Shield isn't very good. Though, it has gone from "disappointing" to "average" quality wise. Arrow is the superior Super-Hero Show.
I feel the last couple of episodes and the one coming have upped the quality of the show by a little.  Maybe next year it will be above average, but still far away from shows such as Dracula or Hannibal.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 24, 2014, 02:37:51 AM
The CW takes lots of interesting ideas and turns them into shows for teenage girls. It's their stock in trade.

I started watching The 100 on CW.  It has potential, it has interesting ideas, there's something to be exploited, but they're not there yet.  It might be interesting to see how it turns out, though.  It's far beyond stuff like Vampire Diaries, but still below average.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Eddie Teach

Agents of Shield is bearable if you're someone like me with too much time on your hands. Lately it's even been overtaken in the "Why the heck am I watching this crap?" sweepstakes by Believe. It had been first place since I quit watching The Blacklist.