Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 23, 2014, 11:03:09 PM
There's a Sin City sequel on the way.  :cool:

Because the first one was so good? :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

Quote from: Tyr on April 23, 2014, 09:08:33 PM
Arrow? :unsure:
I've not even heard of that one.

Yeah, best let it stay that way.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Eddie Teach

The CW takes lots of interesting ideas and turns them into shows for teenage girls. It's their stock in trade.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Maladict

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 23, 2014, 11:13:05 AM
Oh also the new Trip. Brydon and Coogan in Italy. It's still very good.

:yes:

But it's going to be hard to top the Michael Caine scene in the original.

celedhring

Quote from: garbon on April 23, 2014, 11:14:01 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 23, 2014, 11:03:09 PM
There's a Sin City sequel on the way.  :cool:

Because the first one was so good? :huh:

Thought it was watchable enough, some stories better than others but that's bound to happen with an anthology film. It seems to me it is a bit late for a sequel though, smecks of a lot of people needing badly something resembling a hit (Rodríguez, Willis...)

Eddie Teach

Willis? Is it a prequel?

Viking

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 24, 2014, 02:37:51 AM
The CW takes lots of interesting ideas and turns them into shows for teenage girls. It's their stock in trade.

Yes, me and AmScip, the bearded ones, are teenage girls. The CW does have the teeny girl vibe, the producers have talked about all the "parties" they have to have. The CW'ness doesn't interfere much with the Emerald Archer Rises vibe the producers have been going for.

But yes, they don't alienate teenage girls. Bryan Q. Miller (who wrote Stephanie Brown as Batgirl and worked on Smalville (the other CW superhero show)) has a couple of writing credits as well as Geoff Johns. It's a teeny girl-comic book geek crossover.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Ideologue

Watched The Amazing Spider-Man in prep for the sequel.  Pretty darn good.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

celedhring

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 24, 2014, 03:13:47 AM
Willis? Is it a prequel?

Alba's also in the cast. It seems Miller wrote a story about what happens to her character after the end of the original story, and I guess Hartigan will show up in flashbacks and stuff.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Viking on April 24, 2014, 03:29:36 AM
Yes, me and AmScip, the bearded ones, are teenage girls. The CW does have the teeny girl vibe, the producers have talked about all the "parties" they have to have. The CW'ness doesn't interfere much with the Emerald Archer Rises vibe the producers have been going for.

But yes, they don't alienate teenage girls. Bryan Q. Miller (who wrote Stephanie Brown as Batgirl and worked on Smalville (the other CW superhero show)) has a couple of writing credits as well as Geoff Johns. It's a teeny girl-comic book geek crossover.

Did you like Buffy, Smallville and Roswell? I tried to watch all of those but they just didn't engage me enough to endure the sappy bits.

Viking

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 24, 2014, 03:52:01 AM
Quote from: Viking on April 24, 2014, 03:29:36 AM

Did you like Buffy, Smallville and Roswell? I tried to watch all of those but they just didn't engage me enough to endure the sappy bits.

Roswell sucked. Buffy didn't have the sappy bits (for the most part). Smallville managed to transcend the sappy bit from time to time.

Josquius

Buffy was good and Roswell was soso.
I loved smallville for a while then lost interest and stopped watching, which is rare
██████
██████
██████

Viking

Quote from: Tyr on April 24, 2014, 04:31:05 AM
Buffy was good and Roswell was soso.
I loved smallville for a while then lost interest and stopped watching, which is rare

Arrow is better than smallville, more compelling and without letting the "CW tropes" mess up the story. 

celedhring

Just got The Raid DVD from the library. Gonna get watched tonight.