News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Not real sure why the Chinese would care about that bridge.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Capetan Mihali

I've taken the ferry from Bridgeport to Port Jeff.  :)
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

crazy canuck

For a show nobody watches you guys sure talk about Girls a lot.

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 18, 2014, 01:13:40 AM

Who you calling no one, bub? :angry:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on February 18, 2014, 01:15:10 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on February 18, 2014, 01:13:40 AM

Who you calling no one, bub? :angry:

I apologize.

For a show that only Garbon watches, the rest of you sure talk about it a lot.

Ideologue

I don't have a television service.  I'm too sophisticated. :bowler:

Ooh, Barbarella is on Netflix!
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Grey Fox

Quote from: garbon on February 17, 2014, 09:47:40 PM
I've been watching The Americans on Amazon. I've liked it and was wondering who were the people who left 1 star reviews. Turns out it is mostly people upset with the sex on the show (one noted she is a god fearing woman). I'm surprised they tried watching a show that has communists as lead characters. :D
The sex upsets them in what way? That you don't see enough boobies?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Larch

Apparently in the last True Detective episode there's a massive mindfuck easter egg hidden in Cohle's monologue regarding time when he's being interrogated.

[spoiler]Basically, that he's aware of being a character in a play, trapped in time and forced to relive this investigation over and over again.[/spoiler]

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 18, 2014, 06:24:34 AM
I've been watching The Americans on Amazon. I've liked it and was wondering who were the people who left 1 star reviews. Turns out it is mostly people upset with the sex on the show (one noted she is a god fearing woman). I'm surprised they tried watching a show that has communists as lead characters. :D

Yes, you've nailed it.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

Quote from: garbon on February 18, 2014, 07:57:44 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on February 18, 2014, 06:24:34 AM

Yes, you've nailed it.

It's the 80s! Boobs were rare back then.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josephus

Quote from: garbon on February 17, 2014, 08:01:23 PM
Quote from: Queequeg on February 17, 2014, 07:57:26 PM
I think most people would consider Adam Driver attractive, especially considering his opposite number.

Yes somehow many do. I don't see it at all.

It's not that he's physically attracitve or not....it's that he's a psycho and has constantly treated her like shit, forcing her to watch him masturbate and other things.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

Quote from: Ideologue on February 17, 2014, 08:35:26 PM
I wonder if she had big tits to balance out her frame if you'd all be more forgiving.  Serious question.  I mean, Catherine Hendricks is about that bulbous on the bottom half, and you guys looooove her... but she has great big bazooms (and better facial structure, too, I suppose, but not by, like, a huge margin; they're both essentially symmetrical).

yeah, let's not compare the two.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Queequeg

Quote from: The Larch on February 18, 2014, 07:51:09 AM
Apparently in the last True Detective episode there's a massive mindfuck easter egg hidden in Cohle's monologue regarding time when he's being interrogated.

[spoiler]Basically, that he's aware of being a character in a play, trapped in time and forced to relive this investigation over and over again.[/spoiler]
That's less spoiler than subtext.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Ed Anger

I think I saw that dude a few posts above hanging around Dollar General. Looks like the ohio/Kentucky meth scum.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive