Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Ide: Social Justice Warrior
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 17, 2014, 09:06:05 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on February 17, 2014, 08:44:15 PM
Anyway, I'll take this moment to pause and thank the Yis of the world to equate "not outright gorgeous" with "horroshow" and the producers of Girls who made it all possible.  This should keep women from properly evaluating their own attractiveness for years to come.

Yes, that's right:  Ideologue, formerly of "I-Want-My-Babyback-Babyback-Babyback-Birkenau-Ribs" fame, is now at the vanguard of feminist self-esteem and empowerment.  Imagine that!

Perhaps he just figured if you could play the part, why not try it on himself.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

But I walk the walk, mang.

Ideologue

There are shades of gray, there are degrees of fat.  That's all.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

katmai

Quote from: Ideologue on February 17, 2014, 09:18:42 PM
There are shades of gray, there are degrees of fat.  That's all.
J.D. or L.L.B.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

garbon

I've been watching The Americans on Amazon. I've liked it and was wondering who were the people who left 1 star reviews. Turns out it is mostly people upset with the sex on the show (one noted she is a god fearing woman). I'm surprised they tried watching a show that has communists as lead characters. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

New World (2013).  The budget Korean Departed.  Pretty good, a little confusing and a little emotionally flat.  The characters are there, but you don't feel connected to them, especially the lead.  Solid ending and a nice pace, though.

B

Haywire (2011).  Soderbergh does a action thriller.  Pretty good, a little confusing and a little emotionally flat.  The characters are there, but you don't feel connected to them, especially the lead.  Solid ending and nice fight choreography, though.

B

My medication (2014).  Evidently not working.

C+
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on February 17, 2014, 09:47:40 PM
I've been watching The Americans on Amazon. I've liked it and was wondering who were the people who left 1 star reviews. Turns out it is mostly people upset with the sex on the show (one noted she is a god fearing woman). I'm surprised they tried watching a show that has communists as lead characters. :D

She's a communist, he's a running dog class traitor, at least at heart.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 17, 2014, 10:56:54 PM
Quote from: garbon on February 17, 2014, 09:47:40 PM

She's a communist, he's a running dog class traitor, at least at heart.

Well yes but that isn't the initial premise. :P

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Ideologue on February 17, 2014, 10:54:48 PM
My medication (2014).  Evidently not working.

C+

What you on?  Drug and dosage, plz.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

:lol:

I've just watched a lot of flat movies lately (with Robocop before those--although I didn't also find Robocop confusing).

I don't think it's me. :hmm:
Kinemalogue

11B4V

Enders Game: C+

Last Vegas: C
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

MadImmortalMan

That bridge they talk about building in House of Cards from Port Jefferson to Milford would have to be at least fifteen miles long and straight through the middle of Long Island Sound.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers