News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: garbon on February 17, 2014, 01:18:18 PM

At one point Dunham is dancing to that song that goes "shots! shots!" and pouring water over her bikini-clad self. Seems like a pointed fuck you to anyone with a sense of aesthetics.

I just vomited.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

What's the deal with fat chicks?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

Josephus

To me the issue with Lena is not that she's fat. In fact I appreciate her, and lots of women do too, for saying "fuck you" to the general Languish aesthete.

What makes me hurl is that stupid ass tattoo on her back. What the fuck is that?
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

The Brain

I just don't understand why a woman doesn't want to look pretty for men.

Ideologue

Quote from: The Brain on February 17, 2014, 04:45:18 PM
I just don't understand why a woman doesn't want to look pretty for men.

The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found difficult and left untried.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

To me the issue with Lena is that she has created this delusional world in which a fat homely girl is pursued by a never ending stream of normal looking or attractive men.  Also that she's fat and homely.

Josephus

Is she? I admit I gave up on Girls a while ago, but seems to me she was always with that psychopath guy who has no respect for her.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 17, 2014, 06:22:14 PM
To me the issue with Lena is that she has created this delusional world in which a fat homely girl is pursued by a never ending stream of normal looking or attractive men.  Also that she's fat and homely.

:lol:

garbon

Quote from: Josephus on February 17, 2014, 04:35:39 PM
In fact I appreciate her, and lots of women do too, for saying "fuck you" to the general Languish aesthete.

I'm probably one of the few (if not only one) who regularly watches Girls here, so probably doesn't do much. Also, it is tiresome as she keeps banging us over the head with it. This entire episode she wears a bikini where every other character is fully clothed (apart from skinny dipping in a pool - in which she does not partake).
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Josephus on February 17, 2014, 06:23:34 PM
Is she? I admit I gave up on Girls a while ago, but seems to me she was always with that psychopath guy who has no respect for her.

That's about it. One of my complaints about the show is that there really aren't any attractive men to look at.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Josephus on February 17, 2014, 06:23:34 PM

I've seen maybe 4 episodes and it seemed to me there was always other dudes sniffing her crotch in addition to her main squeeze.

CountDeMoney

I bailed out of that series the 2nd or 3rd episode.  Quite frankly, their lives weren't all that interesting, and I get enough of that bullshit in my own life 24/7 as it is.

Viking

Quote from: garbon on February 17, 2014, 12:23:12 PM
Of course, Lena Dunham has her character try and go into a grocery store near the beach in a bikini and she gets asked to stay outside because of a no shirts, no shoes policy. And then the gays insult her outfit. :D

1. I gave up on girls a long time ago
2. This only caused me to google "Allison Williams Bikini"
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.