Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

Quote from: The Larch on February 17, 2014, 06:52:28 AM
It's a 6 episode miniseries, parodying epic family sagas with over the top dramaticness and impossible dialogues

Sounds like your standard Sunday evening Rosamunde Pilcher movie on German TV.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josephus

Yeah, watched a couple episodes of that.... good fun.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josquius

Quote from: Josephus on February 16, 2014, 10:49:31 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on February 16, 2014, 10:26:26 PM
[spoiler]So how did everyone in the bus become infected, but not eaten (even partially). :hmm:

Just another zombie ex machina, I suppose.  :P[/spoiler]

That bugs me a lot...since Season One.  One of the flaws with zombie creatures.
Hadn't thought of that one, but yes, odd, especially given we already saw somebody torn apart earlier in the episode. Inconsistant.

The Hershel head really brought to mind something I was thinking about last week- Mershon is really creating a lot of future problems with her head cutting isn't she. Thank god the magic lawn cutters still operate in the world.
██████
██████
██████

Josephus

My issue with zombie lore, quite simply, is this. Why are there so many zombies around? (I get that now, in Walking Dead, any old dead person gets transformed). But the whole biting thing doesn't make sense. As we saw many times, unless otherwise distracted, zombies eat until there's nothing left; they don't just bite off a finger and carry on.  So how can bitten people be transformed if there's nothing left of them?
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

The Brain

Quote from: Josephus on February 17, 2014, 09:49:14 AM
My issue with zombie lore, quite simply, is this. Why are there so many zombies around? (I get that now, in Walking Dead, any old dead person gets transformed). But the whole biting thing doesn't make sense. As we saw by the railway tracks, unless otherwise distracted, zombies eat until there's nothing left; they don't just bite off a finger and carry on.  So how can bitten people be transformed if there's nothing left of them?

Good zombie lore says that zombies only like to eat living flesh.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

Quote from: Josephus on February 17, 2014, 09:49:14 AM
My issue with zombie lore, quite simply, is this. Why are there so many zombies around? (I get that now, in Walking Dead, any old dead person gets transformed). But the whole biting thing doesn't make sense. As we saw many times, unless otherwise distracted, zombies eat until there's nothing left; they don't just bite off a finger and carry on.  So how can bitten people be transformed if there's nothing left of them?
Zombies are shit.
Usually one manages to get a quick bite in and then you escape. But its too late.
Also I guess the thing with Walking Dead is that most of the people will have died in the general collapse of civilization rather than through directly zombie related actions.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Of course, Lena Dunham has her character try and go into a grocery store near the beach in a bikini and she gets asked to stay outside because of a no shirts, no shoes policy. And then the gays insult her outfit. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Queequeg

It was weird to see Rennels in love with a gnome, though.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Tonitrus

Quote from: garbon on February 17, 2014, 12:23:12 PM
Of course, Lena Dunham has her character try and go into a grocery store near the beach in a bikini and she gets asked to stay outside because of a no shirts, no shoes policy. And then the gays insult her outfit. :D

I thought when it came to fashion, gays descend on the ill-clothed like magical fairies and give them instant, fabulous makeovers.

At least that is what the popular media has fed me.   :(

crazy canuck

[spoiler]So how did everyone in the bus become infected, but not eaten (even partially). :hmm:

[spoiler]One of the CC juniors solved this one.  Someone on the bus must of died and turned without people noticing until it was too late.  There were some people that were eaten - remember the bus seats that had small chunks of flesh.  The rest of the zombies are the small number that survived the initial feeding frenzing until they turned.  Remember the bus was packed when it left the prison.  There were relatively few zombies that came out.[/spoiler]

Tonitrus

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 17, 2014, 01:05:13 PM

[spoiler]One of the CC juniors solved this one.  Someone on the bus must of died and turned without people noticing until it was too late.  There were some people that were eaten - remember the bus seats that had small chunks of flesh.  The rest of the zombies are the small number that survived the initial feeding frenzing until they turned.  Remember the bus was packed when it left the prison.  There were relatively few zombies that came out.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Could be...I cannot remember if any of the bus riders might have still been flu-ridden.  It was kinda interesting...that last dead, red-haired girl that Maggie tossed out of the bus before stabbing the guys we're supposed to think was Glen, didn't look like she had turned yet at all.  Normal flesh-tone and all that.  Or the makeup guys just got lazy for that one shot. [/spoiler]

garbon

Quote from: Tonitrus on February 17, 2014, 12:59:28 PM
Quote from: garbon on February 17, 2014, 12:23:12 PM

I thought when it came to fashion, gays descend on the ill-clothed like magical fairies and give them instant, fabulous makeovers.

At least that is what the popular media has fed me.   :(

At one point Dunham is dancing to that song that goes "shots! shots!" and pouring water over her bikini-clad self. Seems like a pointed fuck you to anyone with a sense of aesthetics.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Yet I'm the one who gets the
Shit for being pro-ana or anti-fat
Or horribly shallow or whatever. Sweet Christmas.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on February 17, 2014, 01:42:13 PM
Yet I'm the one who gets the
Shit for being pro-ana or anti-fat
Or horribly shallow or whatever. Sweet Christmas.

That's because you give off the vibe that if you were standing next to a typical woman, you'd be muttering under her breath that she should lose weight. Bit of a different vibe with Dunham who makes it a point of being aggressive with her body (she also has repeated incidents where characters reference her shape/weight).