News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: The Larch on February 16, 2014, 08:48:29 PM
I mentioned the King in Yellow and Carcosa references several days ago, and nobody picked them up.  :ph34r:  :cthulu:

Did you mention Armenia?  :hmm:

lustindarkness

[spoiler]Told ya the baby was alive. [/spoiler] And Carol?  And the stupid little creepy girl. And... ah I just have to learn to wait a week at a time now.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Tonitrus

[spoiler]So how did everyone in the bus become infected, but not eaten (even partially). :hmm:

Just another zombie ex machina, I suppose.  :P[/spoiler]

Queequeg

Holy Fuck True Detective.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Josephus

Quote from: Tonitrus on February 16, 2014, 10:26:26 PM
[spoiler]So how did everyone in the bus become infected, but not eaten (even partially). :hmm:

Just another zombie ex machina, I suppose.  :P[/spoiler]

That bugs me a lot...since Season One.  One of the flaws with zombie creatures.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

katmai

Once again i hate you all.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Tonitrus

Quote from: katmai on February 16, 2014, 10:53:11 PM

What?  Is this one of those time zone things?

CountDeMoney

Katmai is the Walking Dead until about 11am, and then he's the Living Dead.

katmai

Quote from: Tonitrus on February 16, 2014, 10:55:28 PM
Quote from: katmai on February 16, 2014, 10:53:11 PM

What?  Is this one of those time zone things?

Until this season my cable company had their HD AMC set to Eastern Time zone, so was watching it just as Seedy would have, but over summer they changed it which means not on till 8pm local/Midnight eastern.

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 16, 2014, 10:57:43 PM
Katmai is the Walking Dead until about 11am, and then he's the Living Dead.

Please, more like 2pm.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Queequeg on February 16, 2014, 10:44:53 PM
Holy Fuck True Detective.
That ending scene was pretty intense in terms of a building sense of dread.  At least for me.  I quite enjoyed the episode.  It's interesting to see things starting to become a bit more clear.  I fully expect most of what has been shown so far to be turned on its head and warped by the end though.  Damn fine show.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Scipio

Amazon Originals pilot Bosch. A great version of Harry Bosch, as played by Titus Welliver. Good cast, using elements of two novels and one short story from the Bosch series. Abraham Ben Rubi as Rudy Belk, quoting Sun Tzu. All around good clean fun.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

The Larch

Anyone seen "The Spoils of Babylon"? I started yesterday with it and it's great, absurd fun.  :lol:

It's a 6 episode miniseries, parodying epic family sagas with over the top dramaticness and impossible dialogues with a great cast.

celedhring

Wow, a Haley Joel Osment sighting.