News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tyr on January 05, 2014, 08:45:51 PM
Attack the Block- aka charvas vs. aliens. Kind of cool aliens but uninteresting film

The aliens were the worst part of it.  Crappiest CGI I've ever seen in a movie.  They would have done better with puppets.

Eddie Teach

2 Guns- Just what it looks like
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josephus

Downton Abbey

And no, I'm not gay.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ideologue

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 05, 2014, 09:05:50 PM
2 Guns- Just what it looks like

I don't feel like it looked like one of the worst movies of the year.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

It wasn't. It was a run-of-the-mill dumb action flick.

11B4V

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 05, 2014, 09:17:19 PM
It wasn't. It was a run-of-the-mill dumb action flick.

:yes: C at best, maybe on a good day.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Ed at the movies:

Ender's Game- it was alright.

Rating:

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

Last night I saw a slightly better, but still pretty dumb action flick. XXX. It could rise to B- on the strength of the stunts.

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 05, 2014, 09:19:24 PM
Ed at the movies:

Rating:

Bunny worthy eh?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

If you are able to interpret my ratings system, you get the Ed Anger Award, 2014.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 05, 2014, 09:25:16 PM
If you are able to interpret my ratings system, you get the Ed Anger Award, 2014.

Strategic rating in HoI = stars?

Ed Anger

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 05, 2014, 09:27:14 PM

Strategic rating in HoI = stars?

No.

Admiral Yi

Viking

?

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Razgovory

Quote from: 11B4V on January 05, 2014, 09:20:56 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on January 05, 2014, 09:19:24 PM
Ed at the movies:

Rating:

Bunny worthy eh?

He does have three "Hero of the Soviet Union awards", on him.  They are shaped like stars.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017