TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

lustindarkness

Recently watched Kick-Ass 2, fun stuff. I can also see why it was not nominated for an Oscar. :lol:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

The Brain

Quote from: lustindarkness on January 02, 2014, 03:23:40 PM
Recently watched Kick-Ass 2, fun stuff. I can also see why it was not nominated for an Oscar. :lol:

Full retard?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

lustindarkness

Quote from: The Brain on January 02, 2014, 03:24:09 PM
Quote from: lustindarkness on January 02, 2014, 03:23:40 PM

Full retard?

Never go full.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Ideologue

Quote from: The Brain on January 02, 2014, 01:14:48 PM
John Carter

Å - What the fuck did I just watch??!?

But seriously, it was totally decent.
:)
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

While I was waiting in the hospital, I watched an episode of the gypsy wedding show. English version.

I immediately thought of Tamas.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Darth Wagtaros

Now there's a reality show about building tree houses and like 2 about gypsies.  WTF. This scourge must end.
PDH!

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 02, 2014, 03:02:37 PM
Anchorman sucks.

A C pic definetly.

I liked him better in Old School

'bout pissed my pants during this scene
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFW-yxe13lo
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on January 02, 2014, 09:58:11 PM
Now there's a reality show about building tree houses and like 2 about gypsies.  WTF. This scourge must end.

I'd rather watch a show about tree houses than bitchy housewives.  :unsure:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josephus

Just realized there's a new season of Treme :)
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

katmai

Abbreviated final season of 5 or 6 episodes.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

11B4V

QuoteJames Avery, 'Fresh Prince' Actor, Dies at 68
By PETER KEEPNEWS

James Avery, who played Will Smith's pompous but well-meaning uncle on the popular 1990s sitcom "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air," died on Tuesday in Glendale, Calif. He was 68.

The cause was complications of heart surgery, said his mother, Florence J. Avery.

Mr. Avery played Philip Banks, a wealthy lawyer (later a judge) who becomes a surrogate father to his street-smart nephew, played by Mr. Smith, on "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air," seen on NBC from 1990 to 1996.

Reviewing the show in The New York Times early in its first season, John J. O'Connor said Mr. Smith — at the time a popular rapper just beginning his acting career — was "frequently overshadowed by the rest of the cast, particularly James Avery as the father and Karyn Parsons as the older daughter, Hilary."

A classically trained actor with an imposing physical presence and a resonant voice, Mr. Avery was born on Nov. 27, 1945, in Pughsville, Va., near what is now Suffolk, and grew up in Atlantic City. In the late 1960s, he served in the Navy.

In addition to "The Fresh Prince," his numerous television credits include "L.A. Law," "The Closer" and "That '70s Show." Among the movies in which he appeared were "Fletch" and "8 Million Ways to Die."

He was a busy voice artist in animated films and television shows as well. He was the voice of Shredder, the title characters' nemesis, on the 1987-96 cartoon series "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles."

In addition to his mother, Mr. Avery's survivors include his wife, Barbara.

Ashley Southall contributed reporting.

Quote'Fresh Prince of Bel Air' producer Jeff Pollack found dead on California beach

Jeffrey Ian Pollack, who directed "Booty Call" and was a producer on "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air," was found dead Monday on a running trail in Hermosa Beach, Calif. He was 54.

The Hermosa Beach Easy Reader said Pollack was already deceased when a woman reported finding his body on the area known as the Greenbelt. He was said to be an avid runner.

For several years, Pollack partnered with Benny Medina, the manager on whose life "Fresh Prince" was based. The two formed Handprint Entertainment, a management company with clients including Mariah Carey, Jennifer Lopez and Tyra Banks. He also had producing credits on shows including "The Tyra Banks Show" and "The Fighting Temptations."

MORE: Shocking celebrity deaths of 2013

Usually credited as Jeff Pollack, he directed and co-wrote the 1994 basketball drama "Above the Rim," starring Duane Martin and Tupac Shakur; the 1997 comedy "Booty Call," with Jamie Foxx and Vivica Fox; as well as 1999 comedy "Lost and Found," with David Spade.

More recently, Pollack had been working with Jeff Beacher, who produced the Beacher's Madhouse variety shows at the Roosevelt Hotel and the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Miley Cyrus is set to host the Las Vegas version that opens Friday.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Josephus

Quote from: katmai on January 02, 2014, 11:55:44 PM
Abbreviated final season of 5 or 6 episodes.

Too bad. I really like it.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011